Fans and carbon filter.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fans and carbon filter.

Hi all. I have a fan blowing directly into my light hood for cooling and cirulation, I have 6" insulated flex hose to take it out of the grow room. Do I need another fan before the carbon filter or is the first one enough? It's a good quality 6" duct fan. About 6' of hose to travel through. Thanks in advance.

Depends on the lamp and your growing conditions...I have a hard time keeping my 1000W cool at this time of year with a 4" inline fan running through the fixture. Not sure how a second fan could be installed "before" the carbon filter, they're usually configured with a single outlet designed to go directly on the suction side of the fan.
    Space 1: 3ft x 3ft T-Tek tent
    400W HPS Mag Ballast
    GH Floro - DWC
    Current grow - Humboldt Fem Green Crck from seed
    - TGA GSC x Space Dude clones

Space 2: 6ft x 6ft x 8ft room
    IponicZone 400/600/1000W dimmable HPS E-Ballast
    Supplemented with California Lightworks Solar System 275 with spectrum control
    GH Maxi Series-DWC
    Current grow - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream from seed
    - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream Clones
    - TGA GSC x Space Dude from reg seed in dirt, G.O. Box nutes

Comment

Mine is setup with the carbon filter before the air cooled hps light. Its connected by the shortest ducting to make it fit. Then ducting from the other side of the hood connected by enough ducting to raise and lower the light, To the vent fan. Then ducting out of the tent. If you use alot of ducting you may need to add an inline fan on the outside of the tent. Keep the carbon filter clean, replace it often, at least when you can start to smell with the tent closed or when your temps start climbing in the tent.

Running a 1000watt hps my tent stays the same temp as outside the tent.
      You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

Here are pics from growweedeasy main site. Just look vent fans

Click image for larger version

Name:	carbon-filter-scrubber-exhaust-system-sm.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	327004Click image for larger version

Name:	grow-light-exhaust.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	327005
        You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

Spidermite I think having the fan pull through the lamp and the carbon filter is the best way to manage heat, but not odor, unless your fixture is air tight. I have mine set up with the carbon filter hooked directly to the fan inlet, and pushing through the light...that way no odors go outside. The fixture isn't air tight so I do get a little warm air circulating. I don't have to be as stealthy as I did pre-legalization, so maybe I'll try it the GWE way.
          Space 1: 3ft x 3ft T-Tek tent
          400W HPS Mag Ballast
          GH Floro - DWC
          Current grow - Humboldt Fem Green Crck from seed
          - TGA GSC x Space Dude clones

Space 2: 6ft x 6ft x 8ft room
          IponicZone 400/600/1000W dimmable HPS E-Ballast
          Supplemented with California Lightworks Solar System 275 with spectrum control
          GH Maxi Series-DWC
          Current grow - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream from seed
          - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream Clones
          - TGA GSC x Space Dude from reg seed in dirt, G.O. Box nutes

Comment

• Spidermite
            Spidermite commented
            Editing a comment
            Sounds like a good idea. Worth a shot for sure.

I was planning on the carbon filter being outside the grow room. I can attach a fan before it if need be.

Comment

Best way is to have two fans. First, for the filter pulling heat separately from the hoods. Place filter end near the top of your hoods. Second, a completely separate loop with another fan pulling cool air through your hoods, also removing heat.
            4x4 600w HID empty for summer
            3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
            2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
            running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X