Shady maybe lady

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shady maybe lady

I selected the best two of three plants to take through veg, flower, consumption. The one that didn't make is a fine and dandy as you can see in the pictures. It was just getting too big and would have turned my veg chamber into a rain forest.
    'twas four weeks under a single t5 and has been sitting on a chair on my south facing balcony since two Sundays ago. The sun will start hitting the plant in a few days. It won't get more than two hours of direct sun unless I go and move it every little bit which might get me five hours. Topped at week three and a half. In a three gallon pot.
    As far as I can tell, we're looking at a female. Although I seem to have been confusing balls and flowers, lately.
    I never realized I have a chubby left wrist and such pronounced fingerprints.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

A little early to tell yet.

Comment

What do you call an angry potatoe?
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        An agitater.

And there was light.
      I'm going to find a big box to go dark at night.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

Four days later, four plus inches.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

I saw the light! My front door faces west and has an opaque glass door inset. It's a mother in the summer when the glass lets in a bunch of radiant heat. Well, my front door is usually open for the significant ocean breeze through my apartment as witnessed by a bending plant and Dabber in the picture, sniffing the seagull poop out by the ocean.

Well, whatever brain sell came back to life, I realized I might be able to get a good 4-6 hours of direct sun! Mornings on the patio until my front door lights up.

There is one apartment past mine so the neighbors and their friends come and go. They're 'cool' so won't 'rat' me out to the 'revenuers'. Friends who come by dig it. I get the odd LDS and other life extending theological organizations swing by. Some of them might disappear because these are the sorts of folks who believe weed is Satan's houseplant.

Dig it...
          Last edited by Gingerbeard; 08-10-2019, 06:30 PM.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

I can feel my brain cells twitching like when Senor Frankenstein got hit with lightning. The two plants I had under a single t5 to veg came out for sun! All three in the picture were planted at the same time with the tall one being on the patio. The little one on the left is showing nine fingers. Both little ones will get transplanted once my current flowering plants get harvested.
            More elephant!

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6

Comment

I figured to change my 18/6 times to take advantage of six hours of sun at my door. The tall plant lives on my balcony or in front of my door. It hasn't had any real darkness since the Wienershnitzel put in blazing parking lot lights. The little 'uns got repotted to 2 gallons today. They go under the LED overnight.

An aside. Wienerschitzel gets the prize for ugly color schemes: ketchup and mustard. Ketchup and mustard are condiments. Not color schemes.
              More elephant!

Coco/perlite
              3x3x6

Comment

About nutes, y'all.

So I have the two, shorter plants going six hours under the full sun, another twelve under my LED, and six hours of darkness. The tall plant gets six in the full sun, six shaded sun, and 12 hours of city lights. No darkness until the end of the month when I'm going to shock-and-awe you people with a super smart, alienly technological flowering chamber for subversive flowering in an apartment at little or no cost to you. Which might also be my thesis title.

Might there be anything I should consider with changing nutes?
                More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                3x3x6

Comment

Not tossing Big Bertha looks like a better idea than tossing Big Bertha. It's looking at 18". Bud sites are developing nicely as are the tops. They're at about 8" after early stages of LST the... um... what are bud sites called when they grow stems? Are they still bud sites? Lots of the tucking of the fan leaves. Little Bertha and Mini Bertha Me are not bag seed strains I've had.
                  They're all young, yet. I'm going by when they got put to 6 hours of sun. The sun is slowly going lower so more time will be spent in the swaths of light on my patio, until BB starts getting darkness and LB and MBM spend more time under the LED.
                  If my plants can see the ocean from my front door, does that mean I've got OG?
                  Last edited by Gingerbeard; 08-16-2019, 07:45 PM.
                  More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                  3x3x6

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X