Orca microbes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO Orca microbes

It’s my first grow. It’s a dwc system with two 5gal buckets. I’m trying to figure out what nutrients I need to get started. I’m trying to start as cheap as possible. I’m using advanced nutrients ph perfect. The guy at the Hydro store also suggested that I get orca. Is it necessary to have a good microbe to start? Or should I wait and see if I have a algae issue?
    DWC hydroponic system 18”x36”x72” cabinet
    400w single ended hps (veg)
    7’l 3’w 7’h 600w single ended hps (bloom).
    Using advanced nutrients ph perfect sensi grow A+B and sensi bloom A+B and orca microbes.
    1st grow OG 13 - 2nd grow Durban poison, Cinderella- 3rd currently bloom white fire og- 4th grow currently veg Bruce banner, gorilla glue- seeds on deck super lemon haze.

Microbes are good for terpene production.
    If you are going with AN, don’t expect anything to come cheap. They are one of the most expensive nutrients on the market.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

I went with advanced nutrients ph perfect so I didn’t have to worry about checking the water ph. Orca is a good bacteria introduced into the reservoir to prevent algae. I just don’t know if I should worry about algae until (if) I have a problem. I wanted to know if I have a algae problem, can it be fixed, or if I need to start over?
      Using advanced nutrients ph perfect sensi grow A+B and sensi bloom A+B and orca microbes.
      1st grow OG 13 - 2nd grow Durban poison, Cinderella- 3rd currently bloom white fire og- 4th grow currently veg Bruce banner, gorilla glue- seeds on deck super lemon haze.

Comment

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Algae won’t grow unless you have a light leak. Make it dark and Algae goes away with no harm.
        Can’t fix the light leak and the problem gets worse over time.

I have seen pictures where people cover the whole nest basket with foil and leave only a slit for the stem to come through.

Comment

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s one way...but I assume those people put too little hydrogen in the basket. It’s all about proper technique.
        I put a thin layer of hydrogen when the plant is small. I add more layers slowly as the plant grows. By the time the plant has matured, the basket is full and no light penetration into the reservoir.

Comment

Just looking to get a few ounces for myself. Wait for the clones to root.

Comment

Right on. If you can get the air pump out of the room...so it brings cooler air and pushes it into the buckets. Warm grow room air in the water can cause issues.
          the water temps should stay cool. Trying to keep under 70 but never letting go above 72 for best dissolved oxygen content in the water.
          4x4 600w HID empty for summer
          3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
          2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
          running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Rj420 I find it easier to manage a sterile setup, than a biome. If you want to keep it inexpensive, use a basic feeding program, manage your temps and pH and you'll have a lot of fun.

These are growing in G.H. Maxi Series with a B vitamin ... it doesn't get cheaper than that.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190725_202922[1].jpg
Views:	793
Size:	2.33 MB
ID:	327021
            Space 1: 3ft x 3ft T-Tek tent
            400W HPS Mag Ballast
            GH Floro - DWC
            Current grow - Humboldt Fem Green Crck from seed
            - TGA GSC x Space Dude clones

Space 2: 6ft x 6ft x 8ft room
            IponicZone 400/600/1000W dimmable HPS E-Ballast
            Supplemented with California Lightworks Solar System 275 with spectrum control
            GH Maxi Series-DWC
            Current grow - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream from seed
            - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream Clones
            - TGA GSC x Space Dude from reg seed in dirt, G.O. Box nutes

Comment

Should my baskets be totally under water or should I have an air gap. It’s a 6in basket on a 5gal bucket, the basket is about 6in deep. I just got some OG-18 clones.

Comment

• HappyDaze
                HappyDaze commented
                Editing a comment
                I guess with the bigger baskets, the bottom is a poor reference. I use the bottom of an empty basket as a watering gauge in my tubs...two rows of holes is almost exactly a gallon of top-up, and my air gap is minimal.

• Toker1
                Toker1 commented
                Editing a comment
                You need an air gap.

• HappyDaze
                HappyDaze commented
                Editing a comment
                Toker1 ... 2 1/2" to 3" of air gap at the top of my rez. For my previous few grows I was starting my clones in 2" net pots and then burying them in a 3 1/2". The last time, I cut the flanges of the 2" net pots and used them to hold the neoprene pucks in the cloner pail, then when I moved them up to larger rez, I took them out of the 2" rings and put them in the 3 1/2" so that the air roots were still in the air and the wetted roots are still in the solution. I'm always trying to minimize any root die back, because it fouls up the rez.

Maybe I worry too much about all those fine hairs that fall off the upper part of the root ball before the first nute change. One more thing to experiment with.

I’m getting yellowing around the edges of my bottom leaves. Im using advanced nutrients ph perfect at 1/4 strength. Everything thing says either nutrient burn or the ph is off. I don’t think it’s nutrient burn because the amount I’m using. Does ph perfect still need to be checked? It’s supposed to regulate itself. I’m using 5gal buckets for dwc. Any suggestions?

Comment

• Toker1
                Toker1 commented
                Editing a comment
                PH should be checked.

The plants are 1 month old from a mother plant

Comment

Is it ok to adjust the ph in the reservoir while the plants are in it or should I start with new water and change the reservoir?

Comment

• Toker1
                  Toker1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I wouldn’t go crazy on it, but yes...small changes (less than a differential of 1) to PH are ok directly inside the reservoir.
                  You should be changing the water out anyway every 2 weeks or so. If PH changes you are speaking of are greater than + - 1 just do a reservoir change.

I would say if you are running into problems then yes i would check the ph. If that is fine it could be a deficiency meaning you need more nutes. Ive never used AN ph perfect so im not sure on how well it keeps the ph in check but sometimes things happen and im sure every once and a while your ph might get out of whack. My rule is if i see issues with my plant i first check the ph to make sure that my plant is able to absorb nutrients. if thats not the issue then i check nute strength ect.

As far as the roots go, in my dwc i start off with the bucket about an half an inch inside the water while the roots are growing. when i see that roots are coming out the bottom of the basket is when i begin to give some space between the water and the basket. Alternatively, you could also leave the gap and hand water the seed (for me its a rapid rooter). The only problem with leaving the basket in too much water is your grow medium could be too wet so if you do submerge partially the bucket dont leave it in too much water. Its a fine balance IMO. Basically you want to make sure the rockwool or rapid rooter stays moist but isnt soaked.

Comment

• Toker1
                  Toker1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ph is a prevention check. Why wait for a deficiency? Better to be proactive and take care of problems before they occur.

Does ph change over time in your reservoir? My reservoir ph is at an 8 in 5 days of running. My starting ph was a 7 I added my advanced nutrients ph perfect (which I’m trying to figure out if it’s worth the extra money) which is supposed to regulate ph. Should I be changing my reservoir more often(I’m changing every 7days)? Should I ph down my water a little low expecting it is going to go up? Or should I just aim for the 5.5-6.5 sweet spot with ph down? My girls are only a couple weeks old in my tent (about 5 weeks old from clones).

Comment

• Toker1
                  Toker1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ph drifts. You need to be between 5.5 - 6.5 with hydro.

Unfortunately im not familiar with AN pH perfect, but it sounds fishy to me. looking at the website it's supposed to be at 5.5-6.3 and it's supposed to hold there. It almost seems like soil ph. Are you adding nutrients in the proper order to your water? With the 3 part you do the micro then the grow then the bloom. not sure about the others.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X