Combining LEDs & HPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Combining LEDs & HPS

Does anybody have any experience with Using LED and HPS lights for the same grow? Right now, my setup has 2 300W Full-Spec LEDs but It’s not going to be enough light for the amount of space I’m trying to grow in. And since I want to switch to HPS anyways, I was thinking about just trying to add a 600W MH/HPS into the setup.
    Also I was wondering how many full-grown plants I could grow in a 30²ft room(3.5’ x 9’)? And 2 300W LEDs and a 600W HPS should be able to cover that much space right?

3.5’ x 9’ tent needs 3pcs 2 300W led grow light i think

Comment

• rennuRneerG
      rennuRneerG commented
      Editing a comment
      So my 2 300w LEDs will cover it?

• happyday
      happyday commented
      Editing a comment
      you mean the seller advertised the light is 2300W? did you test its actual output.

I don’t know how to. I’m guessing there’s some kind of machine to test it?
    And are you saying I’ll need 2300W for my 3.5’ x 9’ room?how do you calculate how much light you’ll need for different amounts of space?

Comment

• happyday
      happyday commented
      Editing a comment
      32W/sq ft is enough, your 30²ft room needs 900W in total,so 3pcs 300W (actual power) leds are ok. i am a grow light seller on amazon. generally, the light boasted 1000W actually is 100W. they always said it is equate to 1000W HPS and hide the actual output in description.

You need to go by the actual draw. For example, I had a cheap 300w LED but the actual draw was only 130w. The light was weak at best.
    For HID and cheap LEDs you need about 50 watts per square foot.
    I run HPS and T5 lighting (for spectrum) together. I switch out the standard t5 bulbs for pure UV bulbs at the end of the grow.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Well for max yields I run 3 450 viperspectrum in a 2x4 tent. So about 630 watts. In a 4x4 I run 1000 watt hps but most here run 600 watt hps.
      You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X