Take it or leave it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take it or leave it?

I’m wrapping up with my first grow; will be done harvesting within the week I’d guess. Made some mistakes and learned some lessons. I’m ready to go again as soon as my tent is clear.
    My dilemma is this: my friend took some clones of my grow back when they were in veg; he still has them and is willing to give them to me, but evidently they’ve already grown a good bit. Do I take them?
    The problem is that they’re quite big already (I haven’t seen them yet, so I can’t say how big) and I don’t think there’s been any training done on them. I was planning on an aggressive scrog. Being my second grow, I was really wanting a chance to train a plant from a very young age.
    But can I go back to teach an old dog new tricks as they say? Can the plants still be topped, etc.? I know it’s a hard question, given that you guys can’t see the clones.
    As another alternative, could I take clones of the clones?
    Not sure what direction to go. If I took the clones, it would make for a fast turnaround time for the grow. I’d shave quite some time off to til harvest. But I want a better yield this time, and I’m not sure the plants are setup for success.
    Gorilla 3x3
    LEC 315
    Kind Soil
    Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Yes exactly, take clones of the clones depending on how large the plants got. If your friend has had them since your veg cycle I am guessing it has been a couple months at least. It will also be better that you do not take something back that you gave to someone.

Comment

I would certainly have a look at the plants to see if they can be easily trained,
      I am no expert but taking a clone from a clone should be easy to do if they are a good size.

Comment

You can take clones from the clones or you can train the bigger ones, as long as they're in veg you can do almost anything you want to them.

Comment

Clones are good for 2 main reasons. 1st they are replicas of the mother plant while she is growing in the veg stage, when rooted they pick up right where they left off.(growing vigorously) 2nd you cut you grow time in half buy cutting good clones vs starting from seed. Also make sure you don't inherit another growers problems either, I've heard some horror stories. Take em when ever you can get em.

Comment

If they're too big, top them to create more clones to give to your friend? Thus starting the cycle over...As well as sharing some of your harvest as a thank you nod to what could be the start of a symbiotic growing experience. 🤘😋 (maybe giving him seed to try out while you flower)
            Meesta's Grow
            2019 https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-meesta-s-grow

2020 https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ta-s-2020-grow

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X