New Grow, Intro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Grow, Intro

Hey everyone, new to the forum. And I have a lot of questions to ask, but not all at once....
    first off, the very first group I was able to complete, was successful. It was completely spontaneous and was with 6 seeds from a shwagg bag. I used soil and grew inside of a small 3 x 4‘ closet with a 300 W full spec LED light, a broken full body mirror on two different walls, a boxed in desk fan with the safety glued down, and my son’s old dehumidifier. It wasn’t exactly a professional setup.
    If you don’t know, “shwagg” is that like 6% THC Dirt Weed from Mexico that tastes like crap with barely any hi. Well, shwagg is only meant to be grown OUTDOORS. It took me around 10 months, but I got to harvest. But at Some point after fixing my first nutrient deficiency, all the way until I was choppin and croppin, I was disappointed. I planted “Reggy” seeds! In my head all of the hard work for this grow and
    nobody will even want to try my bud😞. I wasn’t even going to enjoy smoking it.
    well with no training, no planning, and with some shwagg seeds my harvest was slightly over 3oz.(of the 6 seeds, 1 didn’t sprout and 3 were male). But, to my surprise the bud was good. My friends were actually wanting to buy song. And nobody, except for my wife, would even believe that it was just shwagg.
    It’s going on two years since then, and I haven’t grown since. Well, it’s time.

My new grow area will be 9’ x 3 1/2’ x 8’. It also has an A/C out vent centered in the ceiling.(that’s a good thing right?) The closest window is 2 rooms away, but I can cut a hole and exhaust through the attic if need be. And this NEEDS to be a STEALTH GROW!!!
    SO FAR, I have 2 300W Full spec LEDs, a 10lbs CO2 tank with a regulator, a small dehumidifier, 4 hygrometers, Mylar for the walls, and 2 different Nutrient sets (the Fox Farm trio, and the General Hydroponics performance pack). I also have all the other obvious things, PH & TDS pens, buckets & planters, coco & perlite, timers, etc.
    Being doubtful very many people read this little intro I’m just going to start asking questions in another post. But if anyone has any suggestions or anything with what I’ve given you so far, then please.....

Welcome! I read through your post; interesting grow history! I’d be too afraid to plant scwhag seeds. Frankly I’m too nervous to plant any bag seed! My time is precious; I want to start with excellent genetics so there’s no mystery or disappointment. I can’t comment much on your setup. It sounds good, but I don’t use LEDs so I don’t really know if your setup is adequate. Someone here will, however.
    Best of luck and keep us posted with your grows!
    Gorilla 3x3
    LEC 315
    Kind Soil
    Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

• rennuRneerG
      rennuRneerG commented
      Editing a comment
      I started with those seeds really just trying to show my cousin how I germinate. I never planned on actually going through with that grow. Lol
      But I did learn a LOT starting with seeds nobody could tell me about. And I wasn’t really worried about the time I really just wanted to learn. I’m kind of a science nerd 🤓
      Last edited by rennuRneerG; 07-28-2019, 05:37 AM.

Welcome - I agree with s62 - genetics have lots to do with this plant. Buy top quality seeds and you can produce top quality buds.
    10 months for one grow? Wow - in that amount of time I can have 3 completed autoflower grows.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• rennuRneerG
      rennuRneerG commented
      Editing a comment
      I got my father-in-law in Cali to send me 4 Grape OGs, 4 Triangle Sceamin’(?), 4 LA Cookies, 4 Candy Kush, and 9 Blue Cheese. All of them feminized except for the Cheese which I’m going to save to make my own strain. But none of them are auto. I want to control them as much as I can. But I plan on planting at least 2 of each plus I’m thinking about scrogging this time too, each to its own strain of course though since Idk how tall they’ll grow

Welcom GreenRunner, I read through the post too! 🤘😎. The setup sounds great. For wanting it to be a stealth grow, have you looked into acquiring a 'carbon scrubber' to incorporate into your exhaust? I am unsure if 2) 300w LED will cover a 9' distance, or have proper light penetration farther down the line. Not sure though, maybe someone else can chime in.

For nutrients, once growing I would choose to stick with one or the other, not combining (but feel free to have a plant on one type each). How many plants were you imagining in the space?
    Last edited by MeestaFeesha; 07-27-2019, 12:42 PM. Reason: Grammar
    Meesta's Grow
    2019 https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-meesta-s-grow

2020 https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ta-s-2020-grow

Comment

• rennuRneerG
      rennuRneerG commented
      Editing a comment
      We’ll see I know 2 300W LEDs won’t cover that much space one of my first questions was actually going to be has anybody experimented mixing LEDs an HPS bulbs at the same time. I’ve been thinking about getting a Vivosun 600W MH/HPS to go right between the 2 LEDs. My vegging would be centered under the HPS of course but when they start spreading and going into flowering, that’d be when the LEDs (I’m thinking) would play their biggest part. Kind of like a backup to my HPS’s PAR.
      And I am getting a carbon scrubber but I don’t think im going to hook it up to any ventilation. I was thinking about just getting the fan and filter and leaving it on the floor running because I’m also going to be injecting CO2 and I don’t want to waste it. Because what I’m thinking is that A/C vent in the ceiling should be able to cool the room enough for those three lights. But I’m still wanting an emergency exhaust just in case the A/C goes out or maybe just for extremely hot days(it can get up to like 103° here on the Gulf Coast) But my scrubber will run consistently so that if I do need to use the exhaust the air will already be clean.
      The Nutes., I’m going to use FF on half and GH on the other. I got my father-in-law in Cali to send me 4 Grape OGs, 4 Triangle Sceamin’(?), 4 LA Cookies, 4 Candy Kush, and 9 Blue Cheese. All of them feminized except for the Cheese which I’m going to save to make my own strain. But I plan on planting at least 2 of each and comparing FF vs GH.

Welcome rennuRneerG
    oh we read and read and read, trust me.😉
    your going to need to get a carbon scrubber for your exhaust and a humidifier while running the air conditioner.
    I agree with the others you need some good genetics, some of my first grows we're Mexican brick weed "swag" from bags I bought in a park in San Francisco in the 80s 90s although I grew some nice plants they are very unpredictable.seeds.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Originally posted by s62 View Post
      Welcome! I read through your post; interesting grow history! I’d be too afraid to plant scwhag seeds. Frankly I’m too nervous to plant any bag seed! My time is precious; I want to start with excellent genetics so there’s no mystery or disappointment. I can’t comment much on your setup. It sounds good, but I don’t use LEDs so I don’t really know if your setup is adequate. Someone here will, however.
      Best of luck and keep us posted with your grows!
      I agree he has a rough setup and asking how to improve from top growers. Swagg in Welsh means criminal bag

Comment

• rennuRneerG
        rennuRneerG commented
        Editing a comment
        Whaaaatt??? I didn’t know that. But like I said really that grow wasn’t really me taking it seriously. But if I can grow bud that’s good enough for people to want, then I know I can do some good with the real genetic seeds I’ve got now

We all read it I think. No reason for a new post as everyone who has commented is already following. You have peaked Mr.Furleys interest and Canucks and they can both grow wonderful plants with plentiful yields. So no reason to post a new post. You have at least 2 really good growers here in them. So just post updates, questions, concerns, or issues and someone will be able to answer.

Good luck. Did I miss what you were going to grow? If your looking for easy and straightforward grows let people know what you like to smoke and I'm sure you will get squared away.
      You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        Aw shucks mighty nice of you to say Spidermite, he grows some damn fine plant so just add that name to the list that has checked in here and keep posting, as for me I just get super high and make stuff up as I go.

• MeestaFeesha
        MeestaFeesha commented
        Editing a comment
        🤘😂....

All right so here’s what I’m planning
      A 600w MH/HPS with a 300w LED on each side,a Coco/perlite medium, a carbon-scrubber on the floor, CO2 injection with a controller, a temp/humid controller hooked up to the dehumidifier and to a humidifier (I bought after I made this post, an intake filter for the A/C vent for bugs and anything else that might be in those ducts, 3 different strains from The Cali Connect, a small unfiltered exhaust on a timer(maybe to be ran 2-3 times for 15 minutes during the day and once at night even if heat isn’t a problem). I want to ScrOG each strain individually and maybe even try mainlining if it seems like I have everything else under control by the time it comes to make that decision. And if I have room and my lights enough coverage area, I was thinking about buying one of those DWC Buckets online just to see what all the buz is about.
      so that’s a’how far as I’ve gotten so far. What do y’all think? I don’t think I’m missing anything am I?

Also I did try to post pics from my last grow,vbut imgur
      keeps saying that my Captcha is invalid. Is there somewhere else I can go to to upload pics and share the link here?
      Last edited by rennuRneerG; 07-28-2019, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X