Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newbie lighting problems, small home grow

hi y'all, this is my first post. hello!

my dad is a cancer patient with an MMJ card, and we want to do a small homegrow when it becomes legal here in january. we have all the hydro gear, but the lighting has been so confusing. i'm doing all the research for him, and i think i've narrowed it down to two lights...i'd love some expert advice.

our grow tent is 3x3x72, would either of these lights work for modest grows (2-3 oz per plant)? we'd like to grow 2-3 plants at a time.

not worrying about massive yields or winning awards, but we'd like to make it worth the time and money.

and i think it needs this part too:

this one is factory-direct from a company called Meiju:

please bear with me, this is our first time growing cannabis and we'd like to get things right the first time

thank you!

I personally would go with a 315 if your wanting 3 oz per plant. 315 are awsome if the heat is kept under control
    1 grow Oceans forest fox farms soil
    800 watt roleandro cob led
    1x amnesia haze auto 3x wire widow auto
    2x2x4 tent
    2 grow.
    Oceans forest and perlite soil
    16x 4ft florecant
    3x mystery photos
    5x5 tent

Comment

The ad indicates the power supply is included.

MJ

Comment

Welcome to this forum mrjones80 - checked out COB's? Although that quantum board looks pretty nice. Growing photos or autos?
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

When you want 2 3 oz after harvest of losing 75%dry be a 10ounce size growing.if yo harvest 2oz plant 56grams after dry to 9 grams
          Last edited by Sww; 07-25-2019, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• HappyDaze
            HappyDaze commented
            Editing a comment
            Who measures wet? Posting wet weights is a waste of bandwidth....you might as well post the weight of your root ball and the bones too...it tells people nothing, IMO.

• Colombo
            Colombo commented
            Editing a comment
            Ironic I do all those for educational purposes! It tells me how well I'am doing as a grower and to understand the entire plant and how it all comes together at harvest. Comparison growing for better harvests, actually works !

I have 8 plants in a 4x4 tent 315w CMH - LEC (my veg tent) 6 photos and 2 autos.
          Last edited by FatBoy40; 07-25-2019, 10:07 PM.

Comment

You will be getting a lot of lighting opinions . Check out the 315LEC, it gets my vote but also look into the venting needs for heat in the 3x3. Lots of new offerings out there and LED’S are doing decent grows

go go to the growweedeasy.com basics section and read up on Nebula’s lighting suggestions

Comment

Welcome mrjones80. You need to consider what space your tent in and the ventilation you'll be able to provide when selecting a light. If you have adequate ventilation, I'd follow Fatboy40's advice and go with a small CMH over the LEDs If ventilation is an issue, LEDs are the way to go.
              Space 1: 3ft x 3ft T-Tek tent
              400W HPS Mag Ballast
              GH Floro - DWC
              Current grow - Humboldt Fem Green Crck from seed
              - TGA GSC x Space Dude clones

Space 2: 6ft x 6ft x 8ft room
              IponicZone 400/600/1000W dimmable HPS E-Ballast
              Supplemented with California Lightworks Solar System 275 with spectrum control
              GH Maxi Series-DWC
              Current grow - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream from seed
              - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream Clones
              - TGA GSC x Space Dude from reg seed in dirt, G.O. Box nutes

Comment

First link you copied is best. You will need at least two of these (or go with a larger model) for a 3x3. The power drive is already included. It’s a plug and play model they are selling.
                This QB light will exceed a CMH in terms of lumens per watt.
                QB you need approx 30 watts per sq foot to suffice your grow space.
                4x4 600w HID empty for summer
                3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
                2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
                running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
                https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

I would avoid the cheap version in the last link. IR light at 660NM is not efficient lighting at all. The lumens per watt will be lower. Emerson effect was proven when IR was isolated and at 680NM. So no bueno my friend.
                  4x4 600w HID empty for summer
                  3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
                  2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
                  running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
                  https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

hi i happen to have a 3x3x72 tent powered with a 240 watt quantum board from alibaba ,harvested just under five ounces on my first grow

Comment

the first one is 95W, Meiju is 240W ,a 3x3 tent at least need 2pcs 240W grow light.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X