Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone used unsulfured blackstrap molasses to feed their plants in soil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone used unsulfured blackstrap molasses to feed their plants in soil?

Does anyone feed their plants in soil with this? What else do you add to your water if you do?
    AMS Supreme, auto-fems from AMS.
    Using FOX FARMS Happy Frog soil in ~2 Gal pots.
    Only one VIPARSPECTRA Reflector Series V450 LED Grow Light is being used for this grow.
    4' x 4' grow tent
    6" inline exhaust system
    Growing in an outdoor structure w/ no HVAC system

Yes I use it, I also use sparingly some voodoo juice, Fish Sh!t, foliar spray, banana juice

Comment

Originally posted by Rwise View Post
      Yes I use it, I also use sparingly some voodoo juice, Fish Sh!t, foliar spray, banana juice
      Thank you, sir. How much per gal do you use? Like, a Tsp?
      Only one VIPARSPECTRA Reflector Series V450 LED Grow Light is being used for this grow.
      4' x 4' grow tent
      6" inline exhaust system

Comment

• Anuenki
        Anuenki commented
        Editing a comment
        I use it as well but it is used to feed the microbial life in the soil that feed on the sugars. Tsp to a gal is a good place to start

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        1 Tablespoon blk strp to 1 gallon water is what I use as well

3 tsp per gal. You really can add much more than that, you are not actually feeding the plant molasses. You are feeding the microbial life inside the soil. They make more nutrients available to be used up by the plant by breaking them down into a usable form.
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

I was a doubter - but then folks here said it was the way to go. I did it for the last 2/3+ weeks (I harvested in batches) and watched the buds get a little fatter and denser up to the end.

And I'm a believer. No doubt in my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Toker1 View Post
          3 tsp per gal. You really can add much more than that, you are not actually feeding the plant molasses. You are feeding the microbial life inside the soil. They make more nutrients available to be used up by the plant by breaking them down into a usable form.
          Is this meant to replace my chemical nutes?
          4' x 4' grow tent
          6" inline exhaust system

Comment

• Toker1
            Toker1 commented
            Editing a comment
            No...it’s not a nutrient. It does have some trace elements, but I use it along with my normal feed schedule.

D.A.A.S.69 has been a great mentor to me and gave me some things to do. One of his suggestions was molasses and it (along with several others) has been a significant success. Yield on 10 plants in excess of 3lb dried. So much so, I had to spend 4 back breaking, shoulder aching, sticky finger days harvesting and trimming 🤗

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X