Wow what a stretch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow what a stretch!

Hey folks, I think I finally figured it out after 3 grows. I'm making sure my PH is correct and using coco for my medium and wow is all I can say! I have finally witnessed a healthy stretch and now I am having to bend some tops.

My skywalker kush has at least doubled in size (Week 3 of flower).
    It has been the largest stretcher I have ever grown so far (when talking about indica strains).
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

I have to start bending my some tops. My light is now twist tied to the top of the tent. What a sweet problem to have. 😎

Comment

Buds are coming along nicely. My stretch went too far and now I have a few tops pretty close to the light. How is this going to effect those buds? The leaves are curled a little near the top but the buds look okay? However it's not easy to see when your looking up into a light to see them. Damn things are taller then me now lol. My first healthy plants so I wasn't expecting that much stretch.

I came into one problem that I'm not sure how to overcome? When using a tent how do you have the fans blowing on the plants without blowing too hard? My tent is completely full so wherever I put the fans they blow directly on the plants. I had an osalating fan but it died. The only little osalator fans I can find suck!

Comment

• Obi-Wan
          Obi-Wan commented
          Editing a comment
          As far as your buds being to close it will depend on the intensity of the light. At 6-7” from the tops my 400w hps won’t cause any leaf burn until 2-3 weeks before harvest, but a 600 or 1000w watt surely damage them quickly. As far as the fans go, I prefer more smaller fans on low directed at the plants over a couple larger ones on high directed away from them. You’re just looking for a gentle breeze that makes the leaves dance ever so slightly.

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          6” for a 400w HID assumes no heat stress. If we are talking air cooled hoods, yes then in that case...I agree.

A way to test if you are too close to the light is to put your hand near the top of the plant. Hold the back of your hand towards the light for 30 seconds. If you can comfortably you're ok. If you can't, you're too hot.

Comment

Okay so I put my hand on top of my buds and I can hold it for over 30 seconds without it burning. So does that mean my buds should be okay even though the leaves curl with the heat? It's too late to bend them as they have turned woody. I am using a 600w bulb for flowering.

Comment

• kingfish
            kingfish commented
            Editing a comment
            Put the back of your hand towards the light. If you can comfortably, you should be ok.

The White Widow is looking nice!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X