How much light needed for a 20x36x72 inches closet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much light needed for a 20x36x72 inches closet

Hello beautiful community ! Here's my question on my future setup. I will grow ONE plant in an self watering hydroponic pot (15 inches high) in a 20x36x72 inches metal closet .I know 20 '' is not that big but i intend to make it works .I wanna get the best quality/quantiy for 1 plant so budget is not really a problem. I was looking a for a 1200 W Bestva with veg/flo switch , is it too high for the closet ? or i can go higher if i respect the distance between the top of the plant and the light . Should i go lower ? the closet will have an air circulation set up too. Thank you guys for you answers !!

I use 2x 1200w bestva in 4x4x8 tent and i have never had a problem. As long as you keep 16-24" of space to top of plant you will not have a problem

Comment

• Kira
      Kira commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the answer !

• Kira
      Kira commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the answer !

Hi Kira welcome to GWE and our helpful group of growers. Looks like noshox got your brand of lights. Good luck
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Kira
      Kira commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you i appreciate

I grew in a 20x36x60 tent for a few years and found that once you get above 700 LED watts or about 300watts draw- you begin to have issues of heat/light stress regardless of you plant height.
    The best results I had in that tent was from 2 MarsHydro Reflector series48 and 96- and had the gorw/bloom switches which came in handy for heat control.
    My g/f had good luck with a mixture of MarsHydro 300w together with a reflector series- in that same tent.
    I grow in soil.
    I have moved to chilled logic v2 100w and Optic XL 100w along with the Marshydro reflector48 I use for the vegging stage.
    It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

• Kira
      Kira commented
      Editing a comment
      I just checked the MarsHydro Series and i like the product . You had the 48 and 96 at the same time or you used the 48 for veggie and 96 for flo ? I'm checking for the 700 w, ViparSpectra , would it be good ? . Thanks a lot for the answer i appreciate ! !
      Last edited by Kira; 07-21-2019, 10:17 PM.

• Weed Pharma
      Weed Pharma commented
      Editing a comment
      I used both- but if you are growing one plant- then the 480w works fine- See the KISS Girl Scout Cookie link above- that was finished with just the MarsHydro96 (480w).

That said: I would consider the chilled logic v2 dimmable for a single plant as it covers a 2'x2' area for flower and uses 1/2 the electricity and can be dimmed for veg.
      I have no experience with the 700w Vipar- but once you get over a 600w LED fixture you need additional vertical height.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X