limp leaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

limp leaves

Hello! Is this over watering? Leaves seem to be fine...its just the tops that look limp like this. I just fed her last Thursday morning. The plant is in a 5-gal cloth pot and I am using one of those three-way $8 moisture meters. The meter already reads almost dry yet pot still feels heavy. I'm thinking 1) trash the meter and 2) water/feed with less than a gallon?

Those meters are junk! Trash the meter, then wait till the pot is lite when lifted to water again. If you are in coco Make sure you to get 20% runoff each watering and if your in soil make sure the whole pot is wet with little to no runoff.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      And yes that's overwatering from water to little to frequently.

What are you growing with Pro Mix ,Coco or soil I was having the same problem my p.ants would droop after watering but the plants would come back.

Comment

I'm growing in soil. Its a 50/50 mix of Fox Farms Happy Frog and Ocean. I'm hearing that if I want I can stick with that mix but add some perlite. A LOT of people are suggesting Pro Mix instead.

Comment

I'm in FF Happ Frog and content with it. I think that 1gal for a 5gal pot is fine, it's really the amount of run-off that you're looking for, which can be difficult to gauge with fabric pots. I give my 7gal about 1.5-2gal of water, and my 25gal 4-6gal. The time between my waterings is settling around every 3-4 days. Although I have one finicky drinker I have to keep an eye on.

In 5gal pots I would gauge when to water based on weight, and how dry your top soil has become.
        Meesta's Grow
        2019 https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-meesta-s-grow

2020 https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ta-s-2020-grow

Comment

Im getting ready for work now but when I get home I'm actually going to do a feeding and then weigh them :-)

Comment

• MeestaFeesha
            MeestaFeesha commented
            Editing a comment
            I'd recommend trying it by "feel", there's a noticeable difference between wet and dry pots. Water weight ain't no joke! 😋

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X