Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harvesting and dry kit is it worthwhile?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harvesting and dry kit is it worthwhile?

I am a ways away from harvest but need to budget for it along those lines I saw this.

The No-Hassle Harvest Starter Kit provides every tool you need to get your harvest started the right way during harvest season! The Gro1 LED illuminated microscope provides 30x to 60x of intensified images. This gives you insight on when you're plants are

I will be drying in my grow tent which is 3×3 the humidity stays at around 50-60.

First question is the racthat good idea

Second if the rack is good how is the price for the kit?

Humidity is good what are temps like? Is the area dark?
    the kit is overpriced. I trim over a $10 bin, with spring loaded trimmers from the dollar store, and my collapsible net cost no more than $30. You can see where I am going with this.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• Formernuke
      Formernuke commented
      Editing a comment
      It is 95 degrees outside right now, under the grow light is 79 degrees humidity is a little higher at 65. The room can be kept in total darkness (part of the reason my grow tent is there)

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      You may need a dehumidifier and an AC unit. I keep my temps at 60-68 for drying. Rh 45-55.

Dehumidifier is do able, AC not so much in that room but temps will be lower with the grow light off.

Comment

Nuke: I agree with Toker: the price seems mighty inflated for what you get. All you need is a clean, cool dark-ish place with good air circulation. I strung up a rope in my bedroom for my soon to be harvest--coolest room in the house, and I can keep it nice and dark. I have been drying bud in my closet, with the ceiling fan on in the room. This has also worked well. The key is dark, cool, right humidity.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mar10 harvest.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	2.44 MB
ID:	323955
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Ok thanks guys my only concern will be temp control, the closet has good circulation 6 inch exhaust fan vented outside.

Should I get a drying rack or just hang from the tent frames?

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Either one will work just as well. I like the drying rack because it saves time. Just make sure to flip the buds at lest once after 24-48 hours to avoid flat side buds.
          Temps above 70 will dry faster, but flavor will be less than full potential.

I've been trimming and putting the buds in a paper grocery bag for about a week. Humidity in my space is a bit low, though, around 60. works well.

I don't think that kit is necessary.
        complete beginner
        39" x 39" x 78" tent
        315 Watt CMH
        4" Phat Filter w/ 4" Hurricane duct fan
        Automatic top feed into coco.
        Mega Crop nutes

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X