No announcement yet.

Advice - Capturing Trichome Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FINALLY got my microscope! I had ordered the ZOOMY 2.0 digital microscope...long story short, never arrived, no reply to support question from seller Learning Resources so kinda glad it never came...I ended up ordering the Plugable USB 2.0 digital microscope and I have to say after a quick run through I am impressed! easy install, simple interface and I'm pretty happy with my first attempts...it helps to have a steady hand, these are handheld shots but you can also mount it on a tripod...check it out!

Comment

• duckman
      duckman commented
      Editing a comment
      forgot to mention...$50 Canadian...

• duckman
      duckman commented
      Editing a comment
      looks much like the device Aussiehomegrow posted earlier come to think of it...

$40 US: "Plugable USB 2.0 Digital Microscope with Flexible Arm Observation Stand"

Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo on 4-16-19 at 8.42 PM #2.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	328838

Comment

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XNYXQHE...sms_tai_nIrHDb

this is the one I used to take trich pictures as well as some other amazing stupid stuff. Sirius Fourside recommended this model during the class. there are several others but I might caution ...I have another with 8 led lights and the intensity of those leds can cause clear trichs to reflect the whiteness of the light and appear milky white.... THAT could be a small problem

hahaha...Billyboy posted this link above at the same time I was writing this one

Comment

D.A.A.S.69 If you run a windows 10 pc, plug it into the USB port, click on the camera program under the start menu.... the sucker lights up and you just click the mouse button every time you want to take a picture....

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Farmall we aint got a computer, just a phone.
          But I sure like looking at yours an everyone else's great pics.
          Just for looking at my plants, that magnifying glass does fine, if they have any amber, you can spot them easy, they stick out like a sore thumb.
          I just can't take pictures, lol
          Plus I did geology work, in the oilfields, and I got a good high dollar microscope, that I used to use, but I don't anymore, still can't take pictures with it though. Lol
          But I love looking at yalls !
          Later Farmall, , HappyGrowing, take care.

MoKo WiFi USB Digital Microscope... https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07G9ZTHBT?...p_mob_ap_share

I bought this for $50 CAD. It’s challenging to use since adjusting the zoom shifts the whole focal barrel side-to-side causing loss of targeting on whatever small thing you want to see. Furthermore, it really suck for iPhone (yes, it has a specific app to use it). On iPhone 7 the display freezes after only a few seconds when trying to get something in frame/focus. The only way to get the display on the phone to work again is by moving the microscope around (large pixel movement?) to work, but instantly freezes again once there is not a lot of pixel movement. Once I tried using my Samsung S7, the video glitching went away.

Being old old and having unsteady hands doesn’t help either 😏 LOL

cheers
        YYC
        There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
        1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
        2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
        3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

YYCannabis check out the link to the unit I use. It has a small suction cup and gooseneck that you can attach to the included 5”x7” base. Take a tiny piece of bud, lay it on the base and bend the gooseneck to the sample, dial in the focus and your (or mine) shaky hands are no longer a problem 😎

Comment

• YYCannabis
            YYCannabis commented
            Editing a comment
            It certainly looks easier to use. Sadly, the wife has officially closed the purse strings after I told her how much I just spent on DIY led lights.

I bought a jiusion digital microscope off Amazon pretty cheap I can't get it to hook up to my Android phone but I can get it to hook up to my laptop it dose x1000 and it takes awesome pictures I will have to put the website of the community on my laptop so I can send a pic on here and show but I got some really good pics I think I need a app in order to get it to work on my phone like I had bought it for but my gracious wife help me take pics cuz it became a two-person operation with my laptop

Comment

We’re you able to install that software that comes with it to operate the zoom and snap buttons? I found that the leds are very bright and tend to cause the clear trichs to look white from the intensity... but, Maybe their software ( which I could not get running) will help that issue.

Comment

I have a question or 3,,, I want something to take these nice tric pics, but I do not run Billyware (winders or mac), I run Linux! I also do not have a smartphone to interface with. What I would like is something that stands alone and take the pics, then hook to the PC USB and copy the pics to it. So whats your thoughts here?

Comment

• YYCannabis
                YYCannabis commented
                Editing a comment
                Some people already own cameras.
                Agree that your suggestion is “easier” and probably more affordable than purchasing photography equipment.

• Rwise
                Rwise commented
                Editing a comment
                I am seeing some scopes that claim Linux compatibility (I find not all claims are true thus I ask). I also see many reviews on near junk saying it is great, and then comments on boards from real users saying they are total junk (canon pops up with their hand held scope).

• Farmall
                Farmall commented
                Editing a comment
                Rwise Spoke to my son and he will look at a few options to see if it works....

My son may have your answer...he is a Linux user and pc builder. I will reach out and see if he has an answer. I am doing this currently but I am using Win. I then email them to the phone or tablet and can post, edit or show from all 3. I ll ask him tonight

Comment

• Skeeg
                Skeeg commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for the idea of emailing it to myself to get it from my laptop to my phone I've been having issues with that because for some reason my microscope pictures goes into a file I can't find. But I can go into my camera on my laptop by the way which is a two-in-one Google chrome Notebook it's a laptop / tablet it does not even have a place where I can share it that's been my only struggle with this microscope

Comment

• Skeeg
                Skeeg commented
                Editing a comment
                this was my 2 harvest. i'm working on my 3rd grow. my 2nd grow is curing yay so yummy smelling can't wait till its ready

• Ardek
                Ardek commented
                Editing a comment
                These are just spectacularly beautiful!

Great looking photos and loaded with goodies !

Comment

Thanks 😊 my wife was pushing the button on the laptop I held the microscope lol 😁👍

Comment

Billykid I spent 14 bucks on Amazon it was well worth it.but don't know if it runs with Linux though
                  Last edited by Skeeg; 09-22-2019, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Got my scope yesterday afternoon, and can already tell it's going to take practice, and I'll most likely have to build me a 'tripod' for it of some sort. Hands too damn shaky...curses to you aging process!

Any way, I got this one for 35.00 and it's Wi-Fi to the cellphone, in other words, it doesn't need a wireless router or anything, it does it on it's own and you just connect your cell to it. Adjustable LED light setting can prevent alot of washout as well.

I attached a few pics from this morning so be kind to a novice tric photographer...can I call myself that? Hummm...LOL

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X