Cloning solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cloning solution

Just wondering what everyone used for their cloning to help root? My first round I used clonex and I have no complaints but have seen lots of other rooting powders or liquid on shelves. So was wondering do I stick with the clonex or does anyone know anything better?

i use clonex, tried powder and double dip which is one then the other. i went back to just clonex. good luck

Comment

Get an aloe plant and just cut a fillet and use the aloe Vera gel. As good as it gets.. no need to buy clonex or any other which are the same

Comment

• CC420710
        CC420710 commented
        Editing a comment
        For real? Because I have an aloe plant just never heard of it before. Would you consider it better or at least equal to manmade?

Okay so looked up aloe Vera as a hormone and came across a few other interesting things I thought I would share.

Comment

Aloe Vera you say...I potted gave the 'real' ones away recently, will aloe variants produce a similar effect?
        Meesta's Grow
        2019 https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-meesta-s-grow

2020 https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ta-s-2020-grow

Comment

• CC420710
          CC420710 commented
          Editing a comment
          Cali mentioned it and I researched and it is one of several organic rooting hormones. Idk if you can use anything else. I assume if it’s pure aloe Vera it should help

• MeestaFeesha
          MeestaFeesha commented
          Editing a comment
          Righton, I may do some digging. I just leave em in mugs with water on the kitchen counter myself, not the fastest by any means.

• CC420710
          CC420710 commented
          Editing a comment
          Plus side an aloe plant isn’t too expensive and will last a while

MeestaFeesha yes go buy a cheap aloe plant and you will have your rooting gel for free for life. All natural. When you cut the clone dip it in water so they don’t catch air bubbles then when your done with all your cutting dip it in fresh cut aloe gel. Aloe has rooting hormones also helps with hydration and builds up the plants immune system or SAR in other words makes it healthy against pests or pathogens, diseases. Also kelp youcan actually grow a plant just with kelp it has NPK and 60 elements micronutrients. Look for natural instead of bottled nutrients. Look up clackamas Coot on YouTube or living soil mendo dope.

Comment

CC420710 cant say it’s the same or better but when I started I went with everything the tutorials recommended here but after finding out bottled nutrients/ hormones isn’t really organic and it’s not like dispensary bud but close. I decided to do my own research and found living soil and natural way of growing so I tested the clonex with just water and aloe gel I got similar results so I can’t say which is better because I’ve only done it 2-3 times but what I can say for similar results ill just go with aloe Vera. My clonex gel bottle is damn near new. Little by little I realized I wasted a lot of money on things I really don’t need. My advice is instead of looking for a bottle look for how you can make it yourself most of the time it’s cheaper and better because you can make it as strong as you want not watered down like bottles.. that’s my opinion. Wish we had more organic help here on this site which mostly focuses on bottled products.

Comment

• CC420710
            CC420710 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah I have been working on different methods for organic. Started a worm compost for next grow and have been saving all leaf trimmings, eggshells ect. Tobacco from my cigs and whatever I come across. I was wanting to add worms to next grow also and don’t want anything that will hurt them like chemicals will. I do have a big habit of starting posts and getting answers so think I will start one about organics and see if we learn anything more

Yes I’m thinking of starting a thread just for living soil/organic soil no bottled nutrients kindda like the autoflower post some guys have going here. Yeah I have worms in my pots cool thing is they alone make nutrients so its like an endless supply of nutes.

Comment

• CC420710
            CC420710 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah I figured just grab them from my compost and add both. Then replace those worms with new ones. So I will have a healthy soil to start and worms in pot to keep it fed

Hi CC thanks for those tips on cloning. FYI I just now did a clone (another 1 ) used my clonex gel and honey. Guess i'll see
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• MeestaFeesha
            MeestaFeesha commented
            Editing a comment
            Hmm, I have roses and potatoes..and want more roses...😏

• CC420710
            CC420710 commented
            Editing a comment
            Then should look into cloning them. I read you can have pull branch down across ground while keeping it attached to mom till it roots. In case you are worried about cutting it. I don’t know much about it just read that when doing my search. I do plan to try cloning my roses though

• JohnEmad
            JohnEmad commented
            Editing a comment
            I assume using non-pasteurized honey is better then pasteurized for cloning.

With the psycloner, I use tap water as it calls for, I have tried many things like clonex, honey, spit, etc., nothing made it work any faster. Roots in 10 days,,,where the bubbles are,,, Before I got it, I had much the same experience just taking cuttings and sticking them in dirt.

Comment

• CC420710
            CC420710 commented
            Editing a comment
            I am trying the aloe currently fingers crossed. I am interested in hearing about your brothers results also if you could update post when you know anything and I will also. I didn’t have willow tree any around and will try aspirin next set of clones. This has been a great post so far as far others learning something new including myself. So I hope everyone sticks around for results

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            He likes it, and I will try it. He splits a fresh leaf and sticks the cutting in it then plants it (not in the aloe leaf).
            A girl I used to know worked for a florist, they used aspirin in the water to keep the roses looking fresh longer, I have used this for transplants to help with shock, I now use voodoo juice for that,,,
            I am here to learn, and help IF I can,, LOL

• CC420710
            CC420710 commented
            Editing a comment
            If you learn anything new please update the post someone will see it in time. I definitely will continue to follow and update my results as I get them. Thanks for the input happy growing

I use westlands organic of amazonuk. But I got a aloe vera plant I may try next time. 🙂

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Huh new to me Sww but a lot is LOL If all goes well with my clones i'm going to do 2 mama mia from seedsman 1 burnt cookie and 2 WW in a 48x48x76 grow tent with 2 vipraspectra 450R takes abit longer with so many but it will keep me happy growing in winter. Keep them low and train I hope. Hmm I may of just bit off a bit more than tent may handle....reconsidering now.

Thought I would share this. If you have Instagram checkout Clackamas Coot on there a lot of good info. He is no longer active on social media by the info is there just look it up.

Comment

Have to say though I just use the aloe Vera gel fresh from my plant.

Comment

• CC420710
              CC420710 commented
              Editing a comment
              That’s what I did awaiting results. The plant has been extra useful this week first my clones and now my dogs itchy sore spots. Seems to work well on the dog and hoping as well on the clones.

im going to try the aloe, thanks

Comment

• CC420710
              CC420710 commented
              Editing a comment
              I have my clones in aloe from my plant I will update post on results. I have some I took from flowering mother so it may take longer but I have a couple from a younger mom. I know when I used clones it was around 10 days before seeing roots so I’m shooting for that or better otherwise I will be going back. Fingers crossed

Cool I’m sure you’ll be happy. Also look up kelp meal for your dog. Kelp supposed to promote healthy skin and more for pets. At the vet you can get the capsules for an arm and a leg or you can source quality kelp meal and add a teaspoon or so every time you feed..

Comment

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              CC42010 I too have an itchy dog, after tons of money spent at the vet we turned to mother nature. We pulled Polk and chopped the root up (1 inch or less) and boiled it over a wood fire until 50% of the water was gone. Let this cool and bathed the dog in it, this worked, we still dont know what was wrong, but he is a happy boy now!
              Good luck with your pet!
              BTW we were told flea allergy, as well as grass, corn you name it they said it, (yes we tried all those diets/meds and over priced foods) and they were all wrong! I keep Polk root around (it grows wild all over) and if he gets itchy he gets treated! He had lost about 60% if his hair by the time we treated him.

• CC420710
              CC420710 commented
              Editing a comment
              Poor thing I am glad you found something that works and I will have to give it try. After all it’s pretty easy to find Polk. I just want something to help her itching. There are sores and hair loss but overall I know she is miserable a lot. Thanks again for the advice

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              If you try it, do a second bath at 7-10 days, try not to get it in the eyes, but do the ears, and those areas you prefer not to touch. I would also reserve some to put in a spray bottle for small areas, and inside the ears. Inside his ears was the hard spot to cure,
              We used about 1 gallon of polk root chunks to 2 gallons water, boil it down to 50%, strain and use. Good luck!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X