Good all in one setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good all in one setup?

First off, I'm not the seller here and have nothing to do with selling this at all.

I have been trying to figure out the best and most cost efficient way to handle my flowering in the short to mid term (I can always upgrade later) and I came across this

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-x-4-Grow-....c100677.m4598

Seems to have everything when the vent combination is added and prices out at $324.00 for 600 watt . Seems really good and hassle free since everything is here and is within my remaining budget.

All the more detailed specs are on the page but basically...

PRODUCT DETAILS

Combo Package WITH VENTILATION Includes the following:

1) Your choice of 400W, 600w, or 1000W ballast (120V 8ft power cord included)

2) Your choice of 400W, 600w, or 1000W HPS AND MH LAMP

3) 6" Air Cool Reflector ( 24"L x 21"W x 8"H)

4) 4" Inline Fan With build in Speed Controller

5) 4" x 12" 190 CFM Carbon Filter

6) 4" x 25' Alum Ducting ( with clamps 2PC)

7) 24 Hour Analog Timer x 1 (120V only)

8) 1/8 Rope ratchet (rated at 75lb per total 150Lb) x 1 pairs (2 PC)

9) 48" x 48" x80" (4' x 4') Grow tent

10) Hygrometer Thermometer Temperature Humidity Meters

What do you guys think? If I get this I figure that after buying pots, soil , and additives (along with the rest of what I've bought for vegging , not including my clones) I'll be hitting the my budget ceiling for the time being, so this would be perfect- But is it junk?

It would grow some buds, but there is no sense having a 6 inch air cooled hood with a 4 inch fan. I'd check on that part.
    Last edited by Mr.furley; 07-19-2019, 05:34 AM.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Spellbound
      Spellbound commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks- I saw that as well but figured it was supposed to be that way for some reason- Idk.

Might still be cheaper adding a fan that fits than piecing everything out separately but if they are already selling an 'all in one' and it doesnt happen the proper fan size in the kit then there could be bigger issues.

edit- messaged the seller and asked why it has it that way.
      Last edited by Spellbound; 07-19-2019, 05:35 AM.

Just be careful. I’m a believer in that you get what you pay for.
    Gorilla 3x3
    LEC 315
    Kind Soil
    Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

I would go with a 600 watt mh/hps unless the room is air conditioned and you arent concerned about your utility bill. If that's the case I'd go with 1000 watts. I say this because 1000 watts can reach so much deeper in the canopy even through some leaves. 600 watts will work amazing and could make 1200 grams in that space. I just try to get every last ounce from my plants as I can.

Get a 6 or 8 inch exaust fan that has speed control regardless. Get the 6 or 8 inch filter and hose. You will need a few cheap fans. The bigger vent fan will keep it cooler.

I use a minimum of 7 gallon pots and currently am using 10 gallon and may try 15. Outside we use 35 gallon ppts.

If you want stupid easy use fox farms Ocean forest. For 4 to 6 weeks you just water. After 6 weeks get the fox farm trio, a ph pen, and an ec/ppm pen. Water at half strength or around 800ppm and see how the plants react. That's the way I do it. It's easy fast and guaranteed to work if you run the right ph, right temps, the right ppm, and have plenty of air movement.
      You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

I can't afford to buy cheap.

Comment

• s62
          s62 commented
          Editing a comment
          Exactly how I feel; well said.

Buy once cry once

Comment

4” fan for a 4x4 is too small. 6” or 8” is what you need.
          4x4 600w HID empty for summer
          3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
          2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
          running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Spellbound I see that the seller is a "top-rated plus" seller, and that means he has a totally solid reputation on ebay. He also has 100% positive feedback; you should go read his feedback to see what buyers say about the tent. It looks like a good starter setup to me.

I never buy from anyone on ebay but the top sellers, and ebay backs you up on your purchase.
            Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
            2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
            Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X