Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plant Deficiencies (Can’t Identify) Need Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plant Deficiencies (Can’t Identify) Need Help!!

Good Day GWE community having issues need help and hoping someone can steer me in the way to fixing this.. I’m having plants not looking so happy seem to be growing but wanna Nip this is the butt before I got a bigger issue!!

Medium is Soil:
    FF Mix 60% happy frog 30% ocean forest and 10% nectar for the gods #4

I Just started feeding nutrients a week ago consistent of BioCanna Bio-Vega base GH Floralicious Plus, AN B52, Hi-Brix molasses, Buried Treasure Liquid Guano. Also gave one dose of those nutrients supplemented with AN Voodoo Juice, Tarantula, & Piranha for my root mass plants are well past 1-2 week veg period but I was just able to afford nutrients, and my root mass was small at transplant so i gave them all the nutrients at 1/4 strength to start. Seems as though I’m still having a deficiency somewhere luckily I got a thing of Cal-Mag plus just Incase I needed it so I’m currently allowing my plants to dry out and I’m gonna flush with pH water with just cal-mag plus to try to fix this issue I’m having. All nutrients are ph to 6.5 runoff test are 6-7 ph so PH seem to be in check. If u can maybe take a quick glance and see the deficiency so i can help them I figured it maybe heat stress as these are outdoor plants but some doing better than others and I’ve moved out of sun for times and at night still same symptoms. I’m new first grow and i kinda messed up and transplanted to young into big pots knowing now I hurt the root mass hence the root mass builders and now roots are now at bottom of pot and roots seem super healthy. My plants are growing not super fast but seems at a normal rate but it could be better maybe and I’ve been seeing these issues and been researching but can’t put my finger on it. I am currently drying soil and letting it air out so I can flush with just correct pH water and Cal-Mag Plus and how many times should i try this flush also made a batch of cal-mag foliar spray that I started last night. These guys are outside it’s hot and thought it was heat stress but covered all my bases there (moving to little less sunny spot and making sure roots are cool) please guys I know y’all are a great community with good knowledge anyone with ideas please chime in and a solution to solve this would be great. Thank You for reading this and Happy Tonkin!!

Below I have to add a link cause my phone has no data and can’t upload pictures I identified each plant by number maybe all having same issues seeing they are in same soil and get same nutrients. If you see same issues across the board just say all plant if each one maybe has different issue can identify by plant # so I can individually treat them!! TY

Pics Of my Sick Girls 😢😢🤬🤬😢😢
    Happy Smoking
    ​​​​ **Super420**

Supermoto182 Your plant looks quite good; slight yellowing on lower leaves means she was getting hungry.

I sometimes get a bi-colored leaf like that, but that is just a mutation. Her growth looks strong and healthy to me.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Supermoto182
      Supermoto182 commented
      Editing a comment
      alltatup BTW it’s 4 different plants so not sure if u were referring to all of them look good??

alltatup so they look normal growth seems fine but the tacoing of the leaves has me worried cause it’s really curling up on the one tall plant at the end and is causing the leaf to die it seems I just realized my nutrient combo I’m using has no micro nutrients like the GH Flora trio or the AN GMB trio both which I’m looking at purchasing and can’t decide which is better any suggestions there?? And with them being light green it seems it can take more nutrients but even though it’s hot my containers take like 3 days to dry and I wanna feed more but the hydro store talked me out of not using smart pots which now I know I’m using next time i did drill a bunch of extra drain holes on the bottom of pots and put air holes on the sides of the pots to help the soil dry and get air but there nice and bushy just the tacoing, the yellowing leaves and being light green are scaring me new grower scares probably.. but I messed up a few things started with transplanting to soon, topped them to soon and cut some fan leaves off a few I shouldn’t have but learning pains and curves I guess are part of the problems. But with it being super hot and them line green I want to feed and water every day which I was doing and was getting run off every time but I’m really trying hard to let the soil dry as I know now that forces the roots to grow but since I watered so much and roots are smaller and on top of pot I want to make sure they get there waters in.. ugh!! They pushed me into this biocanna line at the store it was 150 bucks for the trio seems they like it but it does lack a micronutrient and being the NFTG #4 soil is mixed in the pots which is coco i feel it’s sucking up the micronutrients so if u got a stand alone micronutrient u recommend to use with the biocanna trio I have for this run that be great I guess my metabolizers im using are working cause there sucking up the nutrients and want more!! HELP Me plz
    Happy Smoking
    ​​​​ **Super420**

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Supermoto182 I'm having real trouble reading what you just wrote.

Please try to divide up your writing into shorter paragraphs: it's soooo much easier to read. You also have to kind of separate the non-essential stuff from the essential information: seriously, it's much easier to read.

I'll go back and look at the pictures again; the leaves looked fine to me. I saw nice growth up top.
      Last edited by alltatup; 07-16-2019, 03:29 PM.

I do see the yellowing: I am not sure what's causing it because I couldn't make it through that paragraph you posted above. It totally confused me.

https://www.growweedeasy.com/marijua...ptoms-pictures Start doing some research: no one knows the conditions of your plants like you do.

All cannabis plants need all nutrients or you're asking for trouble. https://www.growweedeasy.com/nutrients

When I started growing 3 years ago, I knew nothing. I've read just about everything over on the GWE site, and really, it's the only way you'll learn what you're doing if you want to grow really good bud.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Supermoto182 I used AN's whole line up of nutes for a couple of years, and I returned to Future Harvest nutes around 6 months ago. I never used AN full strength, and I had issues with nutrient lockout, and I'd have to flush. I also usually saw nitrogen toxicity on some of the plants I was growing.

Going back to Future Harvest has made my life easier and the plants much happier. I've never used GH.

You are doing the right thing in protecting the girls from too much heat: https://www.growweedeasy.com/prevent...tress-outdoors Nebula mentions some supplements that can help: kelp, etc.

I can't see how you can need more nutrients if you're using the 3 part GH; it seems to me that plants need a flush due to nutrient lockout much more often than they need more nutrients!! So check your pH in and out, make sure it's in the right range, and figure out if they need a flush.

And of course, keep protecting them from heat stress as much as you can. We want our plants to experience as little stress as possible so they can be really strong for flowering. But, sometimes we have to deal with stress, and we do the best we can to protect them and keep them in the right grow environment. I personally believe that if our plants know that we are committed to them, invested in them, and protective of them, they sense that we care deeply, and it helps their resistance to stress. (I'm an old hippie, but seriously: the more deeply I care about these miraculous plants I'm growing, the better they grow.) ;-}

• Supermoto182
      Supermoto182 commented
      Editing a comment
      alltatup I was asking about the nutrients because I’m all over the place right now with crap but it’s working other than i realized now i didn’t have any micronutrients in my feedings.. hence were my problems came in and I was thinking of a few different 3 part nutrients trios to try but u known nutrients can get costly and just trying this and that can get expensive.. I know a lot of people really like the GH Flora series and it’s a complete trio with a few other tweaks u can throw in and than U got AN being bashed and there nutrients are expensive and seems they have like 5 different sets of trios to try.. but i called AN and left a msg than didn’t get a call so called back n got a young kid recommended Wendi part A and B with some other additives than a older gentleman called me from Canada and he knew his shit n we talked for a bit and recommend the regular Grow,micro,bloom with the use of ancient earth. Now I’ve come across Dyna-Gro there really catching my eye so i ordered the preview pack for 30 buck and a little bottle of Dyna-Gro Grow cause it don’t come in sample pack. But for now I’m using ugh where to begin Lol
      Base: Biocanna Bio-Vega and Bio-Boost and have the Flora on Deck
      Additives: AN B-52, Voodoo Juice, Tarantula, Piranha, Buried Treasure Liquid Guano, Hi-Brix Molasses, Dyna-Gro Protekt, GH Floralicious Plus, GH Rapid Start, OrgeonISM XL, Cal-Mag Plus, Dyna-Gro Foliage-Pro and I got AN Nirvana, Bud Igniter, Big Bud and Overdrive on deck for flowering.

Back to the topic though I was letting my plants soil dry out last 3 days was gonna just pH water and Cal-Mag today but I did a foliage Spray of Cal-mag last night and it poured down rain all day today so they got some good ol Mother Nature flushing today with another dose of Cal-Mag foliage spray tonight. It had to be one of the three a calcium, magnesium or iron deficiency cause there nice and green looking really really good now and I got my micronutrients on the way to go with my 1k different nutrients and go from there they just got tied to the cages today growth is strong and looking way better than 2 days ago and I think I’m just gonna give Dyna-Gro a try for next run price is right and there nutrients got everything u need!

My laddies are happy I’m happy got my clone machine gonna be here tomorrow and I’ll have a new toy to play with gotta keep ladies happy and pump them of root hormones and take some cuttings!! This first grow is stressful give me a headache and people say weeds easy just throw a seed in the ground and grow it maybe if u want bum ass shit if it’s gonna take my time I want good shit.. I’ll have my tent and RDWC setup coming this weekend and I’m moving indoor til next year!!

Thanks if u made it all the way thru the jumble happy token!!

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Supermoto182 Glad to hear they're doing better! I don't understand how your 3 part GH didn't contain micro-nutrients...

Yeah, nutes get expensive, for sure. However, I decided that if I was gonna grow my own, I was gonna make every effort to do it right and produce really good bud. So I have sunk some money into fine-tuning my grow room: dehumidifier, chillers for my reservoirs, space heater and humidifier for winter, and nutes.

Bud! Work is over, I had said I'd chime in. Glad to see they're doing better with their new pots. As you and I have chatted before, remember, I'd trust someone with more experience than myself! 😋

To me, I believe that the heat is a contributing factor, combined with some stress the plant was going through already. On each of my three young plants, they showed symptoms on their old growth similar to what you're dealing with. It's a later picture, I've since transplanted and had modified the nutrients for two waterings.

If I were in your position, I would refrain from nutes, and check the pH of your water before using. Keep with the Cal-Mag foliar spray at night, where I'm not thinking it's Calcium(CA) related, it may be Magnesium(Mg)...But I guess Mg deficiency looks like an Iron(Fe)...As I haven't dealt with it myself (properly), it's the best I can tell yuh!(I'm just turning pages to a book! 😂😅)

Good Luck Bud! I'm sure there's people here who can help get you back on track.
    -Meesta
    Meesta's Grow
    2019 https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-meesta-s-grow

2020 https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ta-s-2020-grow

Comment

• Supermoto182
      Supermoto182 commented
      Editing a comment
      There he is long time no chat bruh do u prune inner leaves or just let them go i got my cages built about to instal them and pull some of the node branches over n tie them off to spread some sun light around cause there getting taller than my mains cause i topped 2 FIM 2 and left 2 normal to see the differences i got 4 tops on both my FIM and growing strong!! Rawr can u maybe send me a close up pic of ur girls internal branching I see ur nodes are long like mine are.. power to the Nodes!! 🤔🤔

• MeestaFeesha
      MeestaFeesha commented
      Editing a comment
      Moto! Ah, I did, but only before the most recent LST after transplanting. An occasional fan leaf, clone attempts before getting it right 🤦‍♂️😂.

I would leave yours the way they are as best you can, think of everything green on your plants as being its life support. In times of trouble, they can call upon its strength for help. Big key is do your best to keep stress at a minimum.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Very helpful pics, Meesta!!! I agree with you and wrote the same thing: not to worry first about adding more nutes.

think maybe u should throw half that shit away, all I use is dyna grow foliage, bloom, and protect, never have a problem, everything they need is in there!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X