Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dude
    replied
    I second what Spider said, you did a beautiful job and should be very proud of your skills, so proud you should share.. Lol

Beautiful flowers brother ✌️

Leave a comment:

• Spidermite
    replied
    s62 I have to say in regards to yields, training, etc etc that I've been growing since I was born. Not always cannabis but grew up on 750 acres. My youth was spent in the garden with my Papaw who worked on farms till he died at 98 at his orchard. And I have alot more freedom, space, time, and money to try everything. Your plants looked great they were just a bit small. You will be producing much more bud every grow. Just keep learning as I do everyday and your golden.

Leave a comment:

• Dude
    replied
    Right on s62. It's always important to try new ways, that's how we learn and grow, use to be called pioneers. ✌️

Leave a comment:

• s62
    commented on 's reply
    Just chiming in to add another voice in support of FastBuds. Their seeds have had a 100% germination rate for me, and they’ve all been ready within 80 days of sprouting.
    That said, Dude, I did stunt mine (likely with training?) so they only produced around an ounce each. So there is some wisdom to being careful.

• Doubledealing72
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Spidermite! If you look at my signature, the 2nd link under previous grows is the one with the 24 oz plant. I'm no king, just a mere student of the art lol.

• Spidermite
    commented on 's reply
    Doubledealing72 Right on. Hands down that beats any auto I've grown. I've had fast bids six shooter and Lemon ak get huge but 24 ounces makes you king of the room I believe. And I've seen lots of your pics so I know you could accomplish that. That is just so cool.

• Doubledealing72
    commented on 's reply
    I 2nd that. I got 24 oz off my gorilla glue auto, and I believe it was from fast buds

• Doubledealing72
    commented on 's reply
    I agree with ya, there is an article on that lol.

I sure proved them wrong, huh? Lol

I actually think that autos have come a long way from when they first came out (from what I read). So I think that's part of it, and also like you said, people start trying stuff to see what works.

All I have ever grown is autos and HST has definitely helped me to get where I'm at lol

• Spidermite
    commented on 's reply
    I love Fast Buds seeds. I've grown almost all they have. Some to over 300grams a plant.

• Spidermite
    commented on 's reply
    You are great. It's all good. If you ever get alot of time go through all 40 or so pages of the great auto showdown. In that thread every training method I know of is used. Some autos some photos and some massive plants and yields.

And yes its safest to leave autos alone. But if you do everything right you can get alot of weight with some training.

• Dude
    replied
    Have any of you had good luck with beans from 420FastBuds? Off topic, my apologies.

Leave a comment:

• Dude
    replied
    Link to source info.

Is "topping" an auto-flowering strain ok? Does plant training increases yields? Auto-flowering cannabis strains actually respond very well to training as long as you do it right!

Leave a comment:

• Dude
    replied
    Hey spider hope life is treating you well.

No Training at All – Since autos only stay in the vegetative stage for a few weeks, if you stress your plant too much with extensive training, it may end up stunted. A stunted auto-flowering plant produces very low yields. As a result, many growers recommend no training at all when it comes to auto-flowering marijuana strains, just to be safe. Untrained plants still produce a lot of bud! That's just one section of the article, it looks like it can be done but seems how veg is only a couple weeks, a mistake could cause a plant to easily be stunted causing low yield issues. I've not gotten yet so this is what I've read, so if you've and this info is wrong, I kindly apologize. From a beginners view it seems crazy to mess with a plant that's mainly designed for speed, but that's why I'm here, to learn. I believe me said he did or usually does hst on his autos, and his turned out great. Not claiming to know anything, just having conversation about what I've been reading. ✌️ Spider.

Leave a comment:

• Spidermite
    commented on 's reply
    If you have a fast growing auto you can do anything without slowing them down. But saying that they do not take well to mistakes at all.

• Dude
    replied
    Got ya.

After all the reading I did on the autos it kinda made e think twice about any training. Wish I could find the article so I could proof my words. Basically said that with autos you don't get recovery time to it's a larger gamble when training. Made sense but I'm sure after a while everyone tries new stuff, that's how we grow and find new ways....✌️

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X