Help. Bugs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help. Bugs!

I found some of these guys in my resivoir this morning. Does anyone know what they are and best way to get rid of them?
    using a camera phone so that is the best pic I could get.

thank you in advance.

never seen those, are they in the water?

Comment

Hello,

yes they are floating in my water resivoir. They are alive as the one in the pic starting moving.
      Not sure what they are or how to treat them.

Comment

Through a google search I came up with different places suggesting (no photos included on any posting) that they could be 'Fungus Gnats'. The recommended remedy was adding 'AzaMax' by General Hydroponics. I've never done a hydro grow, that's just a little digging done for yuh 🤘😎. (Mind you, the detailed post was from 2010).

I will wait with you for someone more qualified to step in and give suggestions with experience and background knowledge though.
        Last edited by MeestaFeesha; 07-15-2019, 05:12 PM. Reason: Words are hard, and I forgot something
        Meesta's Grow
        2019 https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-meesta-s-grow

2020 https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ta-s-2020-grow

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          ive been battling those fuckers for a while now, theyre def not fungus gnats, they are too green and elongated

It looks like they are a type of water bug. Because there are so many in the area in summer there isn’t much I can do. A Hydro system is a breeding ground for them unfortunately.
        If you have them 9 fingers, need to truly seal your system and then rid them or they’ll just keep
        coming back. Boric acid is a for sure deterant and catnip apparently.
        I’m I’m gonna switch over to soil and give it a go.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          i now see my comment is confusing, i know theyre not fungus gnats because ive been fighting fungus gnats, never seen those water bugs before. the only way to get rid of gnats is to dump all plants and start fresh, i cant do that right now so im "quarantining" the infected plants outdoors and started a new nursery indoors with clones and new seeds

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X