Gelato og auto topped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gelato og auto topped

Current grow is 3 Gelato OG autos from seedsman. All healthy and thriving except for the one I decided to top has not flowered like the other 2. It's bigger than the other 2 and has all the looks of a great plant . Is it common for a topped auto to flower later? I know lst is recommended for autos but tried topping for shits and giggles.

Morning Moto,
    Yes you can top autos if they are growing good, and they are healthy.
    How many days old is your plant ,that you topped ?
    How old were the ones that showed pistils?
    HappyGrowing
    You got pictures?
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

I hope you keep posting updates of this grow. I just got some gelato og photos from seedsman that I'll be growing for my next crop. I'd love to see how yours turn out

Comment

Yes keep updating bro. I’m looking into autos now I hope it’s a good one

Comment

I grew 4 strains of autos one set I topped, the other set I did no training. The topped plants took about 30 days longer but produced more than twice as much. Not a scientific experiment but at least in that instance yes topping them made them flower later.
          You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

Vegged under 600 w led, flowering under 600 w hps.
            you can see 2 plants in front were not topped and have button flowers, single plant in back still only preflowers.

Comment

I had sum white widow auto's, 1 I topped. Woodn't flower like the rest of em so I put it in whith my photo's when they flowered, 12/12, then it finally did.

Comment

I might have to try 12/12 to get this one to flower, still showing no signs . If a plant is genetically engineered to be autoflower, simply topping it can make it revert to a photo period plant? I'm going to give it another week.

Comment

Auto’s bloom, based on maturity.

I top all plants which final growth is more than 2 ft at the 5th or 6th node.
                  This slows down the maturation of the plant - allowing it to grow larger and bushy, as you have broken the apical dominance of the main cola, changing hormones and creating a kind of competition of the colas to grow the tallest.

its this delay which can add about 2weeks of growth before flowering.
                  Changing the light schedule does absolutely nothing, except reset your expectations of when, it may flower again, but will not cause it to flower.

See the link below, KISS grow of Girl Scout Cookie.

Last edited by Weed Pharma; 07-17-2019, 09:04 AM. Reason: Clarification of final height per manufacturer
                  It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
                  https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
                  https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
                  http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
                  https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

That makes more sense than changing light schedule.
                    thanks

Comment

Run your lights 24/7 if you want to speed anything up.
                      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
                      Mars Hydro
                      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

The topped plant is easily twice the size of the other two.
                        Looks like it's about 3 or 4 weeks behind in bud development. Should get a great yield on it. Pictures to follow.

Comment

2 gelato autos sprouted 5/26. 1 on left was topped at 5th node. Other one not topped. The topped one is about 3 weeks behind but I should get almost double the yield.

Comment

• s62
                            s62 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Holy crap, that’s a difference. Maybe you got different phenos as well?

I forgot to mention the aroma of these is just like cotton candy.

Comment

That's quite a difference in plants. Really nice looking, congrats.
                            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                            indoor/outdoor grower
                            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                            X