Hi Heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Heat

Hello and thank you for any advice or help.

I am new to growing and would like to learn as much as I can.

I am running what amounts to a Top fed, dwc, in expanded clay medium.

I am unfortunately having to grow in a small closet In the garage so heat is a big problem. I have already lost the plant on the left and I think that was mainly attributed to Nute burn. Following that I flushed the system and then pulled way back on nutrients and added silica blast. I used to grow other things that ran the pump at all times. So I have now found out that I needed to and did reduce my water cycles. So far the other plants seem to be doing ok.

Can anyone offer any advice for growing in small confined, high heat situations?

Thank you

do you have an exhaust fan ,how big is your room ,what kind of lights are you using , can you leave you door open
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Hello. Sorry for lack of info. The closet is 27” by 36” and about 8 feet tall.
      I am using a 4” exhaust fan at the top of the closet to exhaust heated air. (But during the heat of the day it tends to pull in the hot air in the garage)
      - reservoir is 8 gallons.
      - 450 watt LED full spectrum light.
      - small personal swamp cooler in there for trying to cool a little and add some humidity as without put it the area was at 20-30percent at best.
      - ph and ppm I have been following what I’ve read here on groweasy keeping the ph around 6 and the Ppm around 600-800 with plants being young.
      - My tap water is not good so I’ve been using bottled distilled water during my changes.
      - fox farm nutrients,
      - just this week i was told and did some research so I added Great white mycorrhizae and Silica blast.

I can leave the the door open most of the time.

thank you for taking a look and anything you can help with.

Comment

Howdy Garagegrow, You can help by placing ice bottle in the reservoir to try to keep the temperature between 62° F and 70° F. When the air temperature gets to 90° F and above, the plants will stress. I have read that the addition of CO2 will help the plants to tolerate the higher temperatures. You could also get a small A/C unit, either a window mount or one of the portable units (about 8,000 BTU should work) and place it out side of the grow space and vent it into the grow room. This would cool off the area without adding the humidity.
        Good luck with Your grow.
        Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X