Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flower room NOT budding....please help (not a light leak)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flower room NOT budding....please help (not a light leak)

I am some what of an experienced grower. I have been doing this for over two years now. I have had excellent quantity and quality. I have not changed anything with how I feed and what I feed with. My last two crops had this really weird problem. My plants would not start budding until about week 4-5. Basically, they still looked like they are vegging in week 4-5 of flower. I literally had to flower them an extra month (stupid i know, but I did not have a choice.) It definitely helped although the results were terrible compared to my previous crops, and I also had to waste a month. At first I thought it was just a bad batch. I thought maybe I was not giving them the appropriate attention and some what blamed myself although I knew it was extremely weird. Now I am on the 3rd straight run where I am on week 5 and most of my tops have not even flowered yet. Weirdly enough some of my trees have some solid sized buds, but then there are nodes that still look like they're in veg. There is clearly a problem that I need to figure out. My trees look very healthy. I can't figure out the problem! The rooms have had different strains one Purple Alien the other Gorilla Glue. I know it cant be the strain. I can absolutely assure it is not a light leak. This is happening in both of my flower rooms. I am assuming this is a bug. However, why would my plants still look healthy? Can anyone help identify the problem? I do believe its a pest, I am just not sure which one and how to treat. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Veg them longer. My guess is you are growing photo period plants from seed and flowering them with in a few weeks of sprouting? Does that sound correct?
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• Michaellovessmoke
      Michaellovessmoke commented
      Editing a comment
      It can not be this. I veg my plants for about 8 weeks before they go into flower. They go into my flower room at least 5 feet tall. I do not grow from seed either, I clone off my veg. Also, my current crop where this is happening did not even come from the same cuts as the previous crop that did the same thing, so this must be a room/pest problem. People have suggested root aphids, but would root aphids even cause this issue?

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, pests could potentially cause it. I believe beneficial nematodes will seek out and hunt root aphids.
      My only other suggestion would be to check your light timer.
      I had no idea mine was busted once until I was working during lights out and bam! the lights came on for no apparent reason. I tossed my faulty timer and never had that issue again.

Also tell us about the soil/medium

Comment

So if you take a look at these pictures, these are literally the same exact tree. Some nodes have bloomed, while some nodes literally look like the veg stage. It’s almost like the plant is confused and halfway flowering and halfway vegging. I really hope there’s a direct cause of this that someone can explain so I can attach the problem.

Comment

• Michaellovessmoke
        Michaellovessmoke commented
        Editing a comment
        Toker, I appreciate the reply. It can't be that either. Although this crop is extremely crowded, my last two crops were well spread out with each branch bamboo sticked towards the light. This is a very strange scenario. Talked to many growers and nobody can seem to figure it out.

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Can’t comment on past results. Can only bring up what I can see. Very strange indeed if you think over crowding is not the issue.

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        Gotta agree with Toker1 - crowding is only going to get more crowded - sooner than later.

This looks like to me if I may say as hermie issue. Clone may of been taken off a late flower mother?
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Gorilla Glue if not a stable strain, at least thats what I read on it, did not look at the other,,,
        I dont see what the soil (grow medium) is, if it is reused, new or refreshed,,,,
        I dont see a feed/water schedule,,,, PH etc.
        I had a plant last year that did not finish well, stretched and looked like a stray light issue setting between 2 plants that did well. When it was the last one left, I pulled it and moved on,,,, just bad genetics,,,

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X