Cloning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cloning

Hey everyone I was hoping to get help with my clones. Wondering what lighting schedule to follow? The mother is in flower stage so do I put them with her or veg until bigger?

If the mother is deep into flower, cloning might be difficult. How many weeks into flower is she? I assume she is a photo period plant?
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• CC420710
      CC420710 commented
      Editing a comment
      The first week of flower and yes photo haven't tried autos yet. I'm not too worried about success rate rn I,m just learning it. I have a couple from a week and a half ago with roots growing like crazy and wasn't sure which light cycle to use now that they have roots. From what I've learned to keep them in veg till when? I heard a couple of weeks after roots start? Now anpther question is when to clone. I'm guessing the success rate goes down the older it gets? This is my first grow altogether

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      She will clone, but the clones will need to reveg. So that takes time. I clone my mothers when they are in veg.

• CC420710
      CC420710 commented
      Editing a comment
      I took a few in veg didn't decide I wanted more to recently so thought why not. Time isn't a problem helps me keep a cycle going

like toker said it may be harder than cloning a plant in veg, first of all what you wanna do its called monstercropping and the most common light cycle for clones is 24/7 just because its easy but anything from 18 to 24 hours of light a day will work, they dont need much light either, a couple of CFLs are enough

Comment

• CC420710
      CC420710 commented
      Editing a comment
      What is the success rate difference between cloning a flowering mother and a veg mother? From what I read basically do it again in a couple of weeks for the monster cropping so will definitely give it try

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      i dont know about rates but its def easier to clone a veg plant, monstercropping can take around 2 months to revert back into veg

First 2 weeks of flower rates are typically good. it’s really strain dependent though.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

My first cloning tries were of plants in flower (probably 5+ weeks, had buds already), as a last effort to keep a strain alive. Tried multiple different techniques, had a horrible success rate. Probably took 15ish clones and 2 rooted. Though i may have thrown some away that might have still rooted if given more time, but the ones that did took at least a month. I thought i was just horrible at cloning, but the 15 i took from vegging plants for my new grow had all but 2 root, plus about another 10 rooted just sitting in solo cups. So yeah, the longer in flower you go the bigger the pain it is, but they do grow crazy if you can get them to root.

Comment

These 2 (Rusty Glue (left) and Colombian Gold(right) ) were taken in full on flower and kept under 13/11, I did not expect them to get big, just make a bud to taste. The RG is sugaring up very nicely, the CG is near ready for harvest.Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	3 Size:	102.8 KB ID:	320212

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X