Oil infused bud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil infused bud

I was smoking with an old hippie friend of mine what he calls "super weed". He had these buds that were soaked completely through to the stem with oil! I asked him how he gets the bud to actually soak up the oil instead of just coating the outside.
    The instructions he gave me were to start making oil using 99% isopropyl alcohol. Then when the oil is almost ready, add some water (roughly 1/2 of the amount of the oil). Then carefully drop some crispy dry buds into the oil and they suck it up. Let them dry and enjoy.
    He told me that he learned how to do this from old hippies when he was in his 20s. Has anyone here done this? Or ever hear about it?
    I used to do drugs... I still do, but I used to too!
    *Mitch Hedburg*

Pot is a plant, it grows in the ground.
    If god didn't want it, it wouldn't be around.
    So all you mother fuckers who haven't got high,
    shut the fuck up, and give it a try!

I have heard of it, I have had opiate infused Thai stick,, they called it Buddha Stick.

Comment

• JerryMawuana
      JerryMawuana commented
      Editing a comment
      That sounds rather intriguing!

I never did it but I friends that did.

Comment

• JerryMawuana
      JerryMawuana commented
      Editing a comment
      I have about a quarter oz drying and some oil evaporating as we speak now to see what happens.

Problem with isopropyl is it’s the wrong polarity for making oil. You will dissolve THC along with chlorophyll and will effect flavor in a negative way.
    Plus, why would you want to soak the stems anyway? I usually toss my stems into the ash tray.
    In CA we call this type of product caviar.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Toker is right, the only ISO hash I made was QWISO because you didn't want the ISO to soak with the buds/trimmings too long. I'd be tempted to make honey bud but lightly heat it so the oil would melt some, then of course roll it around in kif.
      Meesta's Grow
      2019 https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-meesta-s-grow

2020 https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ta-s-2020-grow

Comment

• JerryMawuana
        JerryMawuana commented
        Editing a comment
        That's what I was thinking too. I like honey a lot better. A slash of equal parts everclear and water maybe so it gets absorbed like a sponge though. That way you can still roll joints with the weed after it dries.

Flywheel is managed WordPress hosting built for designers and creative agencies. Build, scale, and managed hundreds of WP sites with ease on Flywheel.

You should also Google moon rocks
      Space for Rent.

Comment

• JerryMawuana
        JerryMawuana commented
        Editing a comment
        I've checked moon rocks out before. I'm sure they're not bad, but bud covered in oil and kief sounds like the novelty would wear off before taking the first hoot. I'll stick with a good old fashioned oil paper. Thank you for your input though, I appreciate it.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Very nice article!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X