first harvest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first harvest

So I'm gonna be harvesting my first plant from my first grow this weekend. Its a Critical fastbud. I have 3 others on the go but this is the first to be ready for chopping. Just wondering about temps. I've read 70 f is good but i don't know if I'll be able to keep it down that low. So I'm guessing that higher temp will mean less drying time. Is that right? Any tips?

Not sure where you're from but I pay close attention to humidity when I'm drying. I dry in a closet with a fan pointed at the wall which also moves the air in the closet - I never dry with the fan blowing right on them.
    But - yes - higher temps mean faster dry time.

​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• rayian
      rayian commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Canuck. Thanks for that. I'm in BC. I'll be sure to put a fan in the cabin i'll be using as a drying space

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      Mee too - Abbotsford

• rayian
      rayian commented
      Editing a comment
      East Kootenays here

Higher temps = faster dry with less taste in the final product.
    For me when drying, I get the best results when the room is 60-68F and 45-55 RH. You might need an AC, heater, humidifier, and/or dehumidifier depending on your ambient conditions. It’s worth it because you get the full flavor profile of each strain this way.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• rayian
      rayian commented
      Editing a comment
      So thats how it is. Alright then. I'm in a rural situation with a small 8x12 cabin out back thats going to be my drying room. Don't have a lot of control over temp and humidity. Hopefully the weather will cooperate next week

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Don’t get me wrong, you can still have some good smoke, but will be nothing in comparison if done right.
      I don’t like the idea of wasting several months worth of work and electricity to let things go at the end step.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X