Leaf problems- what to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaf problems- what to do?

I have this spotting on my leaves or 2 plants. Not sure exactly what it is but if anybody knows or how to treat this, their info would be greatly appreciated!

Spider mites
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Awesome thanks thats managable! I was really hoping it wasnt leaf septoria. Will a dish soap solution do the trick?

Comment

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        Not sure about that - haven't had to deal with them for a while - they are called 'the Borg' for reasons you might find out. Check out what Nebula says to help get rid of them.

Alternate between these two. Works for me every time. Or you will be assimilated.

Comment

Yikes! I'll see if I can find something like that in town later. I'd order some but from what I've been reading I don't have the time to wait for something to arrive. Little bastards..

Comment

• kingfish
          kingfish commented
          Editing a comment
          Try to get them under control before you go in flowering (12/12). You darn sure you don't want them to start webbing. Then you really will be assimilated.

If it's mites they lay their eggs in your wet soil? You using soil? Put a half inch of sand on top of your soil - you can still water through it. Or put some more dry soil on top.
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Thanks! Plant is looking better already and I put some sand around the soil too. I'll post updated pics soon

Comment

Went by a local nursery today and ran into a friend from 10+ years ago. Where I've been purchasing ladybugs/mantids, and he recommended to continue with ladybugs, he also suggested..ugh..I believe they were called 'Green Lacewings', already likely found in a gardening space. Being the way in which they are handled/hatched, he explained they are shipped overnight and once at home, you can let their packaging hang near/in the grow space you're using. Voracious Eaters once they hatch I guess. More focus on aphids, but they'll go after mite species as well, eating their larvae too.

After treating your plants with a chemical solution to mitigate the colony that's being created, it could be helpful to introduce them. (I remember it being a drop of dawn in a spray bottle, but it's been a very long time since I've done that myself). Beyond beneficial insects there are plants that can help mitigate critter problems. Marigold, Dill, Chrysanthemum, Chamomile, the list goes on. A search for companion planting or beneficial planting, as well as beneficial insects, could help you find more direction with the course of action you choose to take.
            Meesta's Grow
            2019 https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-meesta-s-grow

2020 https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ta-s-2020-grow

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X