Seedling not growing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seedling not growing

I planted several seeds a couple weeks ago and seem to be having problems. I have one that seems to of just stopped it doesn’t seem dead but idk. Should I put her aside or keep waiting? Any idea as to why this happened? Posting pictures of it and 2 others that were planted at same time

Sorry CC but sometimes they just quit ,thats what it looks like when they dampen off , when I do a run of 8 plants I start 10 seeds then pick the best
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• CC420710
      CC420710 commented
      Editing a comment
      Pretty much nailed it. find the problem it was the damping off due to fungus nights. I had transplanted one of my girls in apparently infected soil which then spread to the rest of my girls. I think its completely fixed now but staying on top off it. Washer, dryer, stove, table whatevers handy. Thanks for the feedback

Yes the seedling looks dead for sure. RIP. Even if there was a chance, taking it out of the soil and exposing its roots would not have been helpful for its case. It would be helpful to know about the soil and anything you fed the seedlings so that the mistake is avoided in the future.

Comment

• CC420710
      CC420710 commented
      Editing a comment
      I only did because it had been a while since any growth at that point I was just more curious as to why. I had another one that just didn't sprout of the same bath and didn't know if it was related. Turned out to be fungus gnats on the one I posted. I ended up transplanting one of my girls into infected soil and it spread to all my girls. I think it's under control now fingers crossed

• quietlybinary
      quietlybinary commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah okay I am glad you found the source of the problem! I hope for the best for your grow too.

Looks like there's green slime on the sides of the cup and the surface of the soil. I'd say that was the cause of death.

(Nice to know I'm not the only one using the top of the washer/dryer for a work bench, LOL.)
    Space 1: 3ft x 3ft T-Tek tent
    400W HPS Mag Ballast
    GH Floro - DWC
    Current grow - Humboldt Fem Green Crck from seed
    - TGA GSC x Space Dude clones

Space 2: 6ft x 6ft x 8ft room
    IponicZone 400/600/1000W dimmable HPS E-Ballast
    Supplemented with California Lightworks Solar System 275 with spectrum control
    GH Maxi Series-DWC
    Current grow - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream from seed
    - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream Clones
    - TGA GSC x Space Dude from reg seed in dirt, G.O. Box nutes

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      good catch Happy I had to go back and look again lol

• CC420710
      CC420710 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, no slime of any kind I have seen anyway. I went and looked pics I shared to see what you are talking about and I believe you are seeing the green markings from the outside of the pot. There is a green band right about where soil tops that goes all the around pot. If not then please elaborate.. I did however find the problem it was the damping off due to fungus nights. I had transplanted one of my girls in apparently infected soil which then spread to the rest of my girls. I think its completely fixed now but staying on top off it. Washer, dryer, stove, table whatevers handy. Thanks for the feedback

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X