Help! Plant dying after transplant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! Plant dying after transplant

I don't know if anyone can help or not. My plant had been doing fine until I moved it to a bigger pot on Monday. I did everything by the book....root system was established, move went well. The next day, it looked very droopy so I assumed maybe i gave it too much water. Over the next few days, the drooping got worse and the leaves started to curl. Then the bottom leaves turned yellow and died. Thinking it was transplant shock, I tried some kelp extract but it's still getting worse. Anyone have ideas? Is it possible to save it? I'm including a timeline of pictures. The kelp was added Friday (4 days after transplant). Some details....its in organic soil. I use Fox Farm nutrients. Full spectrum led grow light. 18 hours light / 6 hours dark. 76 degrees.

it looks like there was something going on before the transplant. tips of the bottom leaves looked burnt. Water PH off, possible nute burn.

Comment

Yeah I was worried about nute burn and had cut back on the nutrients a bit already prior to transplant. Ph has been a solid 7

Comment

• FatBoy40
        FatBoy40 commented
        Editing a comment
        try 6.5

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed- 6.5

I'll start by saying I'm a newbie but my guess from the look of the soil is that the roots might not be getting enough oxygen...what kind of medium are you using?

Comment

It's in organic soil

Comment

• duckman
          duckman commented
          Editing a comment
          sorry, my question could have been clearer...your post said you were using FF soil but is there any perlite or coco mixed in to help aerate the roots? It seems to me the plant might be drowning...

Support (#4duckman) for diagnosis, soil and drainage problems.

Comment

No it does not have perlite or coco mixed in. And I'm guessing it's too late for that now....

Comment

Let your plant dry out for a couple days, let it stretch out its roots looking for water, drop your PH to 6.5 and like mentioned above drainage can be/become I issue so next time add some perlite.

do you water till a trickle of runoff and let the plant dry out before watering again?
            You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Ok thank you! I'll try that! And yes, I do let it dry out before watering again. Other than the tips of one of the leaves having discoloration, I really didn't have any issues until I moved it to the new pot. I just wish I knew exactly what went wrong so I dan correct it.

Comment

• Mr.furley
                Mr.furley commented
                Editing a comment
                Transplant shock is unavoidable sometimes

It could be 18hr is a long time and organic is being lacking. It needs food.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X