Dry soil between grows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dry soil between grows

So, I'm between grows at this point, and honestly, I simply didn't think anything about the soil until recently when I wanted to start anew. That being said, my soil is completely dry. I'm re-using soil from my last grow, and I'm going to re-amend it with some organic dry amendments and EWC. What do I need to do to the soil now that it's so dry? Make some ACT and just completely drench the soil? Just water? I know this question sounds ridiculous in my own head, so any help with my ridiculousness would be greatly appreciated!

I dry my new soil for a few months before using it. Nurseries have big piles of soil that are perfect environments for bugs. I will dry used soil to kill anything I picked up during a grow. The dry soil goes in pots and gets drenched. A day or two later and you have some prewatered soil.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

Welcome to GWE Tennessee here's what I do with old soil. I keep it in a big 55gal tote with a lid. It's stored under cover but get cooked by the heat during summer. I also amend the soil in spring with new organic soil mixes and add fish&bat quano, new vermiculite or perlite. Mine gets tossed around in the tote many times as the new soil from the bag seems to be damp. It's semi dry from the tote do to heat and humidity from new organic soil mix. I place it in cont. day before water soil just allow it to run out bottom and transplant my month old hardened off starts. I also have used the Black Magic organic mix in my old potting soil. I do not use composted garden waste at all in my weed pots that is strickly for my ground soil . Just don't use " hot soil " for young seedlings. The more coco peat light mix fluffy mix the better. Less is better can always add teas later on. Soil is the key in my opinion if your going that route, keep it simple.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Thanks so much, the both of you, for the helpful advice. I really appreciate it, and thanks for the warm welcome SoOrbudgal!

Comment

Welcome to GWE, Tennessee.
          I use the same soil, most all the time, put it in your pots, and start growing.
          Have fun!
          Cfls for a week or two
          315lec for everything else
          Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

I use new soil every time.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X