What to do with polllinated plants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do with polllinated plants?

Had one plant of 3 go hermie(probably from stress) and pollinate them all to differing degrees. Now at week 6 of flower. Checked closely and found immature seeds in a couple calyx,
    Removed the offending plant and put it in another quickly made grow area under some half decent lighting. Cleaned tent and all items thoroughly,
    What happens to the affected plants remaining? What would you do?
    After pollination will the plants continue to flower or just make seeds?
    Should I wait for the seeds to mature and then re-veg the two non hermie plants?
    Here are some pics of the plants and calyxes with seeds forming.
    Last edited by JohnEmad; 06-27-2019, 11:02 PM.

You are going to be ok, you are going to have seedy weed at worst. At this point just remove the offender from the others and finish your plants out, definitely don't reveg.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• JohnEmad
      JohnEmad commented
      Editing a comment
      ahh seedy weed. Just like the old days.
      Could be worse. As long as it helps my wife sleep easily at night I am happy. I only smoke maybe 1 joint a week and mainly am growing it to help her and will give away the rest.

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      One of the best things to do, if it is super seedy is to make tincture.
      Gold dragon, green dragon.
      It really can help with sleep and I can explain more for you if you need.
      Bubble hash is another one, just make sure to discard the dunnage in a matter it will not grow a crop.
      Last edited by Mr.furley; 06-28-2019, 12:01 AM.

• JohnEmad
      JohnEmad commented
      Editing a comment
      "Gold dragon, green dragon. " Sure that isn't LSD blotter from the old days too? lol! I may take you up on that method to make a tincture. Looked up making bubble hash and it seems like a great way to make use of the leftovers or even a main crop.
      Thanks

Howdy JohnEmad, Smoke them, just cull out the seeds and plant them (if the smoke was good).
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• JohnEmad
      JohnEmad commented
      Editing a comment
      you bet, not wasting anything. Even picked up some everclear to make tincture with. 95 percent alcohol. Whew! glad i don't drink that stuff.
      Ya if the smoke is good it may be my own new strain.

• DW2
      DW2 commented
      Editing a comment
      And if the (female) plants 'self-pollinated' (nanner'ed), the seeds will be 'feminized' naturally. I have been growing with nanner'ed seed for the last four grows and have had good results.

Another thing to do with the seed is give some to friends! I do this all the time (I have friends that are very low income), sometimes they will bring me a jar of bud just to say thanx!

Comment

The seeds will be unstable. So the potential for more seeds later on (or hermaphroditism) increases when the original parent was a hermi plant.
      You will not just create 1 new strain...but every single seed you create will be a new strain.
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• JohnEmad
        JohnEmad commented
        Editing a comment
        ya, agree with throwing out the seeds and make the most of the buds. Funny plants these are.
        Glad I am facing so many things early in my growing. Learned a ton so far and enjoying it alot. I have started several new gardens and been growing things since I was a kid so things should hopefully improve quickly with each new grow. Thanks for the advice everyone.

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        No prob. If you want to practice germinating, or maybe a friend wants the practice... they are good for that. If you have extra time/money/space you can always grow one out at a time and see what you ended up with. It’s a risk though, I wouldn’t be counting on results from it (more like a bonus if you do). I never have enough time/money/space so I only go with seeds breed from a professional. I’m all about quality over quantity and I don’t like to gamble.
        Happy growing!!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X