New Grower Introduction and set up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Grower Introduction and set up

Hi guys, just joined this forum as a complete noob but I am learning lots and have started my first grow about 4 weeks ago with 3 bag seeds (I know, but this is more of a trial run, any kind of yield will be a bonus before I buy my quality genetics). My set up is a 2x2 tent with a 300w Viparspectra R300 Led light. I have a 6 inch exhaust fan at the top of my tent and passive intake 4 inch at the bottom. Im growing in 3 gallon fabric pots. Im in Australian winter right now but my tent sits at around 23 deg C with around 52% RH with the lights on an 18/6 schedule. What changes would you more experienced growers make to this set up? Plants are doing well (maybe a bit small at the moment) and started first LST training yesterday - any help or tips to improve my set up will be very much appreciated. Looking forward to meeting some new grow mates in these forums

Comment

Comment

Howdy, Ozbud. About the only differences between our grow spaces are that I have a 350 watt light in a 2x2 and use simple black plastic pots. Even out temps and RH are the same. Although. I only flower in my 2x2. 2-2 gallon pots fill my space with plant. I haven't used fabric pots. From what I hear about them, 3-3 gallon pots are going to make for crazy training. I would suggest not topping your plants if you keep three going. Check out the link at bottom.
        Good luck with bag seeds. I just harvested a plant that gave me between 35 and 42 grams. My dabbing and dope smoking friends brag for me that it's the most narcotic weed they've ever had. The product I wound up with after blasting is like taking Vicodin without the constipation or nausea. Feels like you're gliding instead of walking. Point is, you can get some amazing shit from bag seed
        What are your nutrients?

Get a summary of all the most common plant training techniques that growers use to increase their cannabis yields indoors!
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6
        Nutes
        CalMag

Comment

Only done one 1/4 strength feeding of OZIMAGIC GRO JUICE so far. Was worried the plants might be too young but I plan on using that through veg stage and I also have some OZIMAGIC MONSTA BUD which I assume I start using later on? Also, my light is hanging 68cm above the plants, is that about right? Im looking forward to this learning journey with the bagseed, but really excited for my next grow which will be good genetics from a seed bank.

Comment

just thought of another question if you dont mind Gingerbeard - during 6 hrs of no lights, the temp drops to 18 deg C (sometimes 17) - should I keep my heater outside the tent going or is it ok to be off at those temperatures? Oscillation fan inside is ALWAYS on and also extraction fan runs thru the dark period. you have a lot of posts so I figured I would pick your brain lol

Comment

• Gingerbeard
              Gingerbeard commented
              Editing a comment
              Cooler temperatures at night are normal. My Vipar flowers in the 16"-20" range. You're at about 27". 't were me, I'd let the plant grow into the light. I have a single muffin fan pulling out of my flowering chamber with no intake. My environment is all but perfect for growing.
              I'm new at growing weed. I may have a lot of posts but it's quantity over quality. I ask questions and call people like Mr. F snake oil salesmen when they give me good, sound advice. Be sure I'll post links to pages to answer questions.

Welcome to the show Ozbud71
            good start so far.
            You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Thanks Mr F - great to be here

Comment

Hey Oz, looks like a great start. I would also recommend lowering your lights 6 inches to a foot to really allow them to soak it up. I also used to have a similar setup with a Mars 300 light. I imagine it is going to be a tight space for your plants when they flower and stretch.

Comment

Welcome to the grow Ozbud71 you are doing well being first time. I use vipers also but my indoor tent is a 4x4 and use 2 450 both have veg & bloom switch. Beings that those are photos be looking at LST bending main cola or topping helps with height of plants. I go by the manufacturers height for seedlings and young plants. As you get a grasp on this setup you can play around with lowering. Mine sit at about 30" from top of canopy on 30 day old weedlings have fun!
                  Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                  indoor/outdoor grower
                  1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                  1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                  I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                  Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                  Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                  Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Quick update on this bagseed grow. One has been topped, the other fimmed. Having fun experimenting with this

Comment

Hi Ozbud,
                      My 1st grow is nearing completion. Used bag seed and tried many different things as well. It's been a hoot and things seem to be heading to a smokable conclusion thanks in large part to the experienced growers lending their time and advice.
                      Hope you get at least a couple females as they look healthy.

Comment

Good week for growth this week after topping

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X