Liquid c02....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liquid c02....

anybody know anything about it?? it sounds cool and efficient but I could be wrong because I know plants prefer a "rain" like gas of c02 but I was thinking maybe if introduced to the plants through water it may work too... Kinda like when the doctors feed patients through an IV instead of by mouth..

just want a few opinions. happy sunday GWE btw

1) CO2 + H2O = H2CO3 (carbonic acid) Nope...you don't want that in your DWC....you can see this reaction just bubbling air through RO water...instead of the RO being 7.0 neutral, it'll drop to 6.8 as the water scrubs out CO2 from the air.

2) Liquid CO2 only exists at high pressure at room temperature, about 1100 PSI, so unless you're growing in a **hyperbaric chamber, you can't really introduce "liquid" CO2 into your solution, and you wouldn't want to, see above.

** hyperbaric not hyperbolic..._uckin spell correct.

https://www.researchgate.net/figure/...fig1_267328310
    Last edited by HappyDaze; 06-23-2019, 02:11 PM.
    Space 1: 3ft x 3ft T-Tek tent
    400W HPS Mag Ballast
    GH Floro - DWC
    Current grow - Humboldt Fem Green Crck from seed
    - TGA GSC x Space Dude clones

Space 2: 6ft x 6ft x 8ft room
    IponicZone 400/600/1000W dimmable HPS E-Ballast
    Supplemented with California Lightworks Solar System 275 with spectrum control
    GH Maxi Series-DWC
    Current grow - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream from seed
    - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream Clones
    - TGA GSC x Space Dude from reg seed in dirt, G.O. Box nutes

Comment

Originally posted by HappyDaze View Post
      1) CO2 + H2O = H2CO3 (carbonic acid) Nope...you don't want that in your DWC....you can see this reaction just bubbling air through RO water...instead of the RO being 7.0 neutral, it'll drop to 6.8 as the water scrubs out CO2 from the air.

2) Liquid CO2 only exists at high pressure at room temperature, about 1100 PSI, so unless you're growing in a hyperbolic chamber, you can't really introduce "liquid" CO2 into your solution, and you wouldn't want to, see above.

https://www.researchgate.net/figure/...fig1_267328310
      lol! I wish I had an hyperbolic time chamber!

and that's actually wild! it would be a great invention going forward with hydroponic growing in the future. maybe some type of c02 pellets of some sort. and I hear the c02 bags don't work as efficient as the tanks.. have you ever tried it?

Comment

• HappyDaze
        HappyDaze commented
        Editing a comment
        CO2 pellets....you mean dry ice? Never used the bags, it's a gimmick. There's plenty of CO2 in the air for hobby plants to grow in. It's only a limiting factor when you are growing hundreds of plants in a 1000 sq ft warehouse.

HappyDaze so in a 4x8 tent with 2-4 plants, the c02 already present will give the needed amount to the plants for growth? bc I know that once the plants drinks the water they produce c02 naturally

Comment

• HappyDaze
        HappyDaze commented
        Editing a comment
        They are actually consuming CO2 during photosynthesis to make glucose. Contrary to what most people think, plants don't live on the nutrients in the root zone, they just use them to facilitate the manufacture of food using light.

If you have good air flow, there's no good reason to add CO2 to such a small grow space. And in a hydro set-up, it'll cause more problems than it'll cure

HappyDaze even in a sealed environment?

Comment

HappyDaze some guy made a homemade generator for c02 https://youtu.be/0ToDEINR7Qs

Comment

Been tried before...not beneficial. Leaf intake outpaces root uptake by far.
          4x4 600w HID empty for summer
          3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
          2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
          running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

One can make CO2 by adding sugar and yeast to water, just like brewing beer/wine, and IF you like spirits they are not hard to make. I also dont see any benefit in doing this. Though it is almost time for the blackberries to be ripe, and I will be running a batch of bb wine in the grow room (plants are outside for day and only in for dark)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X