Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR Wtf should I do?

D63

Here's pics of the 2 plants having issues. Runoff ph on the #2(which seems worse) , looks fine. The Dinamex is acidic though. Should I only flush the Dinamex, since it's PH is the only one that is low? The leaves on the #2 seem to have curled up( which I thought may have been too much light). My gut says to flush the Dinamex and watch #2. Would it hurt to flush #2 or would it only be worth it with a lower PH , or confirm it with an EC meter( which I don't have)?
    First grow started on April 17th, 2019.
    4x4 Grow Tent
    2 X 240W 3000k QB (lm301b). 24/0 light cycle.
    Canna Coco medium, 3 gallon fabric pots
    AN SensiCoco Grow + Bloom w/ tap water

Growing:
    2 x Mephisto - Chemdogging
    1 x Mephisto - Northern Cheese Haze
    1 x Dinafem - Dinamex

Chopped June 30th, 2019. Final yield: 716g plus 329g of larfy buds.

It is no problem to throw a extra flush in so I would suggest just doing both.

Cut the crunchy leaves off your plants and open them up.

Sometime those drops can be hard to read, a ph meter is worth its weight.

Ec and ppm don't really matter if your PH is off and is just another thing to learn and confuse you at this point.
    Last edited by Mr.furley; 06-20-2019, 06:00 PM.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• JayGee
      JayGee commented
      Editing a comment
      I flushed em both. And yeah, i should give em a haircut too.

If you water every three or four days in coco you nutrients build up and will cause a lockout ,the ph also drops to around 4 ,at this point I would flush until the ph is correct and PPM is correct, I would flush once a month to avoid this lockout
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• JayGee
      JayGee commented
      Editing a comment
      I fertigate 2x a day

Omg! that's the exact same thing that's happening to mine. Mine are doing the exact same thing starting from the top and I thought it was light. But it isn't. You can see pictures of mine in the post about nightmare in a 12/12 room with water in or something like that. I don't grow in Coco, the ones that are having issues are in promix. I did flush the very worst one, and the pH of the runoff was 6.5 which in a soilless mix isn't bad. I don't know what to do because it's happening to all four of my plants in the 12 12 room.
    The earth does not belong to us.
    We belong to the earth.

Auto's and Super auto's in Coast of Maine
    Photos in Coast of Maine
    Nothern lights auto, AK48 auto, OG Kush auto Cookie G3 Super auto's
    PurePowerPlant photo, Sweet Zombie photo, Wonder woman photo
    3 & 5 & 7 & 10 gal 24/7 grow bags
    Recharge, molasses, Botanicare nutrient line
    12(6 in each room) 450 watt Viparspector LED
    (2) 6" Carbon filter and fans
    House of hydro foggers both veg and 12/12 rooms.
    8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)
    9 x 12' Flowering room (12/12 room)

Comment

I'd say having a digital pH and TDS meter is worth the cost. I got literally the least expensive of each and have found their (relative) accuracy to be very beneficial in assessing the root health in my coco. I am only 4 weeks in - early flower on some autos and almost halfway of my veg time in a couple photos- and have learned that each plant really requires it's own care vis a vis pH and TDS. It's a pain in the ass, but I feel on top of my problems rather than blissfully unaware of a lurking crisis that will strike at a crucial time.

Comment

• JayGee
        JayGee commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, ill pick one up for the next crop. I also have to order a microscope to check the trichomes.

I bought a vantakool for $15 on amazon easy to calibrate and also gives the water temp as well.

Comment

I ordered an EC meter. As for now, can I use the PH of the runoff as a rough guide on EC? The Dinamex runoff is still lower than inflow ph.
        4x4 Grow Tent

Growing:
        1 x Dinafem - Dinamex

Comment

• rangerjake
          rangerjake commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't think there is any necessary or implicit correlation between pH and EC. My plants with salts buildup are getting fed in the mid-upper 5s pH and 750-900ppm and are running off at upper 6-low 7 pH and 1800-2200ppm.

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          Giving us a number would be helpful.. Imo you don't need a E/c or ppm meter at this stage as there is nothing to fix and you will only make it hard on yourself try to Implement a new tool in a grow that's ending

I have strips, so there isnt a specific number. I was told that a decreasing ph in runoff is indicative of salt accumulation.
        As for the meter, I know itv won't be off much use this grow, but itll help me avoid these problems next one.
        4x4 Grow Tent

Growing:
        1 x Dinafem - Dinamex

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X