Sad week 3 plants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad week 3 plants

Can anyone help me fix why my plants are looking kinda droopy. I water every other day as the top 2-3inches of the soil gets dry. Lights are about 30in away at 20on 4off. Are these big enough to transplant?? I was thinking they might start to be too big for solo cups but at the same time they're around 3 weeks old.

They look OK to me. You could keep them going in the solo cups until they show sex if they're fed right, Then you can avoid wasting time potting up the boys and the weaklings.
    Space 1: 3ft x 3ft T-Tek tent
    400W HPS Mag Ballast
    GH Floro - DWC
    Current grow - Humboldt Fem Green Crck from seed
    - TGA GSC x Space Dude clones

Space 2: 6ft x 6ft x 8ft room
    IponicZone 400/600/1000W dimmable HPS E-Ballast
    Supplemented with California Lightworks Solar System 275 with spectrum control
    GH Maxi Series-DWC
    Current grow - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream from seed
    - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream Clones
    - TGA GSC x Space Dude from reg seed in dirt, G.O. Box nutes

Comment

• SlimeyCatt
      SlimeyCatt commented
      Editing a comment
      they're all auto flower females, should I put in 1 gal or 3gal pots? I want to keep them all inside the tent till the weather gets a lot hotter outside.

• HappyDaze
      HappyDaze commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow you have space for ten plants growing at the same time...I'm jealous. I assumed that you were growing regular seeds because you started so many. Sooo many people growing autos now, but I'm keeping to the photos for now.

Just a word on transplanting...
    Seeds germinated in a towel are put to dirt when they have an inch or so of tap root. Yours are plenty big enough, should you choose now to transplant.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• SlimeyCatt
      SlimeyCatt commented
      Editing a comment
      I always germinate them in a towel/plastic baggy before planting them in the solo cup. I've read that when you remove them from the solo cup you'd wanna user a razor blade to slice the roots down so they promote grow. Any advice on that?

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm going to give you a vegetable gardening answer to that: If the plant is getting root bound, slice up the ball when transplanting. I make vertical slices in the ball, the number depending on the size. For cannabis, I don't see how it would be different. Anyway, if the plant is not root bound there really aren't any roots to take razor to. And yes, it promotes growth.

Take a look at the below link and do a bit of looking around at smart pots.
      Learn how to germinate and when to transplant your seedlings so you get the fastest growth. This step-by-step tutorial includes pictures plus hints and tips!

I transplant from solo's when the leaves reach the rim of the cup.
    Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
    Mega Crop Nutrients, Bud Explosion.
    36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
    4 bulb T5's for Veg.
    2 VipraSpectra 450 LED for flowering
    IPower 4" Exhaust and Scrubber
    3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• SlimeyCatt
      SlimeyCatt commented
      Editing a comment
      would I transfer into their final pot or step up to a 1 gal. Ive grown autos before in 3gals and those seem good. my tent is a 3x3 so I can't rlly fit much in there anyway

• uncledoug
      uncledoug commented
      Editing a comment
      I've done it both ways and found out i'm lazy so I go from solo to 3 gal. My tent is 3x3x80 and I have grow up to four plants at a time.

• SlimeyCatt
      SlimeyCatt commented
      Editing a comment
      hmm thanks for the input, something to consider

With autos it's best to plant the seed in the pot you plan on harvesting in. Thats to avoid transplant shock which will ultimately hurt your yield.A lot of people use 5 gallon pots, but I dont think 5 gallon pots are necessary. I do know that solo cups wont cut it. Next time put them in the bigger pots in the first place

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      I plant in the final location as well, I use 20 gallon cloth pots for indoor, setting the GF up with 7 gallon dirt pots, though her plants are doing well in 4-5 gallon home made cloth pots.

• SlimeyCatt
      SlimeyCatt commented
      Editing a comment
      well today is my shitty day, I ordered a lot of 1 gal pots to try to keep them all inside the tent till the summer months heated up. Ive done autos straight into a 3gal from seed and it worked great but I wanted to plant a lot of different plants. Ive seen its not good to transplant autos but guess Ima find out for myself on this grow.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X