No announcement yet.

Time to show your grow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya dropinbiking trimming is always a pain in the a$$ and back..lol So far mixing Autos and photos together in my first two grows has worked out ok..but it gets a little hectic towards the end of flowering(different feeding,flushing,trimming,etc) My next grow i was planning on all autos but i have 5 AK clones that i cant seem to throw out. So i might have 10-11 plants for grow#3. not sure how im gonna work that out...
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

Tent
    Bruce Banner
    Kushy Kush
    2Cookies and cream

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      dont you hate that I will start 3 seeds and use the two best the problem is I can never toss the runt lol, what I have done in the past is to let the best plant grow out and retake clones about 3 weeks before end of auto grow , I have tried to squeeze them in and it just causes problems,

I'm guessing you'd rather lump everything closer together and try to get all the harvest and trimming done somewhat together? I figure you would want to space it out more and cut back on the work, but I guess that just means more time spent in and out of the grow room chopping plants.

Comment

• homegrown
      homegrown commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey@dropinbiking i suppose if i just picked photos OR autos for a grow the harvest might be a little less busy, but i like to have a variety of weed to smoke lol. I'll take the good with the bad.. I have Amnesia, White Widow, Blueberry, Purple Kush and AK left from first grow and soon i'll have Northern Lights and Cheese added to my supply.!

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      I also love having 6-8 different strains to play with. It's good to rotate, and I love mixing them together as well. The possibilities are infinite....

• DingusKhan
      DingusKhan commented
      Editing a comment
      Ughhh, I did an outdoor grow in 2018 and ended up having to trim about 4 and half pounds over about 5 weeks. What a mess. And here in Oregon, where we call it "Croptober", a ridiculously large percentage of the general population are bumbling around, exhausted, baked, and absolutely tired of trimming weed. They stink like dimebags and little bits of debris are stuck to their fingers.

While it sounds like a wonderful problem to have, it gets really old, really fast. You have to smoke a lot to make it not suck.

Does anyone here do staggered harvest on the same plant? I was just in inspecting plants and watering and realizing how much further my top canopy is than my lower stuff. I may need to do a partial harvest.

Comment

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      You can do a staggered harvest.

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I've done it a few times or more.

• Farmall
      Farmall commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve done it also. Waited over three weeks for the rest to catch up

What is the methodology for a staged harvest? Cut off large buds? Cut off a whole branch?

Im interested in this as I have a couple of plants that seem to be taking a long time to show amber.
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• Farmall
      Farmall commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey YYCannabis it’s the teepee... doing this is really pushing light inside the canopy that typically only sees it from above... when you said you did this, I was happy to see our results are quite similar. I wish I’d had a meter to measure those differences. I’m sure it’s significant... I am building an interior railing to line the perimeter walls .... like a chair rail only lower

• DingusKhan
      DingusKhan commented
      Editing a comment
      It really is much easier to just chop it all down once you get started. But it really does pay off to let the lower stuff get a week or two of direct light and time to get as fat as the tops. Imagine, doubling the number of "top" buds by giving the lower ones to enjoy and benefit from their "promotion" to top status.

Those larfy little buds don't have to stay that way.

• YYCannabis
      YYCannabis commented
      Editing a comment
      Farmall I’m amazed with the results from the teepee. We should start a campaign... “TP-4-THC”. We could convert the masses 😉

DingusKhan I’m not sure what most larfy buds look like to have a comparison as to what I seem to be getting. I’ll take some pics tomorrow and post them. I’m curious to know if they are ordinary larf or extraordinary larf.

Wk 5 flower
    recirculating system
    Hydroton 100%
    20 galon pot
    GH Nutes + cyclo
    600 watt full spectrum IR UV
    full sativa not auto not feminized using it for breeding after clones
    afghan Kush

Comment

***Update*** I am sure these are tiny male auto flower balls. Found this a.m. not seen yesterday during feeding. 2out of 3 Durban poison autos male but hey it's what you get doing reg. seeds not fems. ya get what you pay for FYI. So down to 1 Durban poison 1 Berry Ryder autos. At least they can be sexed quickly. I'm timing these autos with the photo grow in the same tent or I would start some more autos. The autos left are nearly 30days from seed don't think I want to get myself into a real cluster F-bomb. Wonder if Brady needs some balls?
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry it's blurry but yes it's not the first time by any means I've had balls from bag seed, just gave me pause wondering if the next round I've bought will be more males? Yes fem is the way to go. But I did get good training on that male sure was a nice spread I was getting on it LOL

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for showing - must be annoying - feminized autos for me -

• DingusKhan
        DingusKhan commented
        Editing a comment
        That is so annoying, but hopefully, the remaining seeds should have a higher chance of being female. From now on, I'm probably going to only buy feminized, also. At least for auto. Cloneable, true female mothers might be worth the risk of getting some males. But male autos suck BALLS. None for me, thanks.

Getting some fat rocks. Been hauling ass today, moving things around in the bedrooms downstairs so I can setup a grow tent and area. Been chucking old electronic waste, scrubbing walls, cutting carpet. Time for a break. Wish I had some good weed to smoke.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2282.JPG
Views:	449
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	366602Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2276.JPG
Views:	458
Size:	1.85 MB
ID:	366603Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2285.JPG
Views:	425
Size:	1.87 MB
ID:	366604

Comment

• dropinbiking
        dropinbiking commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I figure they are about a week or two out, the are kind of coming to a point at the top, just wondering when the swelling slows down, if at all. Seems like they've really stacked up in the last week or two.

• DingusKhan
        DingusKhan commented
        Editing a comment
        Those are gorgeous, but I agree. Got a while to go with mostly white pistils.

If they're still kinda damp, a blow torch will keep them lit enough to smoke. Won't taste as nice, but still worth it if you're in a hurry. Dropping more seeds or cutting clones helps pass the time. Getting overpopulated, too.

• dropinbiking
        dropinbiking commented
        Editing a comment
        I popped my solo cup seed, I've mostly just been cleaning up downstairs and getting things all prepped for moving my grow area into a tent. Nah I wouldn't pull that move. I might find a nice ripe tester top to dry out early so I've got some motivation come dry and trim time. I can't plant anything else, no space haha. I've been eating my time researching grow stuff, watching youtube videos, go figure. Curious, if I wanted to post up a start to finish log, do I just make a thread, and when I'm done it can get moved? This grow had a lot of ups and down and I think I wanna wait and post it all for everyone to see and maybe learn from, or help me learn from.

Showing last grow - SSH nugs :-)

Name:	SSHnug.jpg
Views:	465
Size:	2.16 MB
ID:	366920

Comment

• DingusKhan
        DingusKhan commented
        Editing a comment
        mmmmm...... pretty

• YYCannabis
        YYCannabis commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks like something I’d smoke. Nice nug.

• FunkyButtLovin
        FunkyButtLovin commented
        Editing a comment
        Very nice, I'd certainly be happy about producing that.

trichomes: Click image for larger version  Name:	E7E9621B-C8D9-4D57-832A-62E6725692C9.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.92 MB ID:	367063

with the new usb microscopes we begin to see thingS in a different light. Looking at the 8” long leaf taken from a plant, it looks like any veg leaf we’ve seen on any plant. Most of the time I remove them and allow for more light to reach the center of the plant. Then, I laid it out on the microscope pad to check it out for anything abnormal and see this collection of amber trichomes like almost any buds. Ever have them mature like that?
      Click image for larger version  Name:	B8EE5A6E-7FCA-4789-A5CE-F71EB0D3D950.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	180.9 KB ID:	367062

Comment

• Farmall
        Farmall commented
        Editing a comment
        I save any crystal parts and gladly trim off the outside section that is really only leaf material and toss it into a jar for freezing. A quick wash in the future gives me a great amber color liquid and The Source Turbo does an excellent job if I get a good quick wash

Trichomes, trichomes everywhere.

Comment

Trichomes develop everywhere, stalks, stems, leaves. It's just a matter of how many, how big, and how healthy. They are absolutely worth saving if you are able to do quality extraction and are able to use lots of leaves. It's just a numbers game, how much do you really want to save for extract? For me, I wouldn't be able to efficiently do anything with the thc I'm losing by throwing out leaves like that. My rule of thumb is if it's not big enough of clusters enough for me to see it with the naked eye, it gets ditched. Anything that shows crystal at a glance gets saved.

Comment

• Greenlivin
          Greenlivin commented
          Editing a comment
          correct me if I’m wrong dropinbiking, but didn’t you say you’re working on your first grow?

alltatup did this experiment with sauteing fan leaves and eating them a couple years ago. Very surprising.
        Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Did you get high af?

• DingusKhan
          DingusKhan commented
          Editing a comment
          It turns out I'm one of those for whom edibles are less effective. But it was fun following you guys trading recipes.

These trichome pics explain why.

Indoor Grow#3. Basic training started tonight for the AK clones. They are a scraggly mess. Since i couldn't bring myself throw any of these girls out...i jammed 3 sister clones into one 5 gal fiber pot.(that should be some root ball when their finished) I'll tie each one together using LST. meh..see what happens. Tent is still in a holding pattern until these seedlings get potted in their forever home..then i'll have to reconfigure to fit 8plants +1 solo cup. this is gonna get interesting.
        Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
        Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
        6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
        Canna Coco/perlite
        General Hydroponics Flora Series
        Cal/Mag.

Tent
        Bruce Banner
        Kushy Kush
        2Cookies and cream

Comment

Indoor grow #15. 3x Nirvana's aurora indica. 42 days from seed. Cut twice to manifold. 3 gallon pots, FF ocean forest soil/perlite mix. Freshly watered. Yup, in a sink. Light: 400w mh/hps. Almost ready to start flowering!

Name:	20200117_071522.jpg
Views:	490
Size:	2.08 MB
ID:	367146Click image for larger version

Name:	20200117_071434.jpg
Views:	475
Size:	3.01 MB
ID:	367148Click image for larger version

Name:	20200117_071535.jpg
Views:	471
Size:	2.24 MB
ID:	367150Click image for larger version

Name:	20200117_072329.jpg
Views:	485
Size:	2.61 MB
ID:	367152Click image for larger version

Name:	20200117_073748.jpg
Views:	467
Size:	2.19 MB
ID:	367154
          Attached Files

Comment

Taster. Fruity Rhino

Name:	20200115_172317.jpg
Views:	488
Size:	1.62 MB
ID:	367184

You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
              FunkyButtLovin commented
              Editing a comment
              It sure looks nice, let us know how it smokes.

• Mr.furley
              Mr.furley commented
              Editing a comment
              FunkyButtLovin
              The first taste is Yellow lifesavers and early weed.

• FunkyButtLovin
              FunkyButtLovin commented
              Editing a comment
              I love that pineapple flavor.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X