Growing feminized plants outdoor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Growing feminized plants outdoor

Hi, i am approaching my first outdoor growing, i don't really know a lot about it, i will plant 10-15 plants in mid july of 2020 in a climate similar of mid italy at 500-1000m altitude. I'll plant various feminized strains : Amnesia Haze, Kush, OG and maybe others(cold climate strains) I would like to know some informations about growing outdoor :
    - How could i create an irrigation plant to work automatically that irrigates all the plants day by day?
    - What is the type of ground that i should choose? - What kind of pesticides and other products should i buy ?
    - Am i able to grow from mid july to mid-november early december with such temperatures ?
    - How much will be the yield for 1 plant ? , i heard outdoor they grow up to 3.5m-4m in height and yield 1kg per plant, is that right ?

If is there anyone so kind to support me steadily for some time i would be happy about that

I had to dig drainage, so I cant help much on irrigation. I like organic rich soil that is well drained, and I use no pesticides on my plants. Are you planing Autos or Photo plants? Yield is a variable, depends on light soil(hydro), water, etc..

Edit,, Welcome to GWE!

Comment

Originally posted by Rwise View Post
      I had to dig drainage, so I cant help much on irrigation. I like organic rich soil that is well drained, and I use no pesticides on my plants. Are you planing Autos or Photo plants? Yield is a variable, depends on light soil(hydro), water, etc..

Edit,, Welcome to GWE!
      Thanks; well drained soil ? I heard that moist soil is better.. And what if some insects destroy your plants ? No i plan photo plants not auto; that's why i asked if a plant could yield up with a kilo considering a 3.5m-4m height is realistic right ?

Comment

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        Well drained, yes you want the soil to drain well so the roots can dry a bit between watering's. If the soil stays wet, root rot can develop, I just lost one outside to root rot.
        I do things around the plant to help with bugs, plant that repel them, such as marigolds, mint etc. I also use water soluble sulfur (this is a powder) on the soil surface (my soil needs sulfur) and in the growth around them. I also smash what I find, oh ya the garden is surrounded by chickens,, chickens luvs some bugs!
        Some folks use neem oil, if you use this it is only for the veg stage, not flower. I see some putting it in the soil.
        You will get some insect damage outside, keep an eye on them!

Also what about temperatures, - Am i able to grow from mid july to mid-november early december with temperatures 500-1000m altitude (cold climate strains)?

Comment

IF you stay above freezing, I had some outside last year, not ripe when the cold weather hit, I built them a box with lights and heat to finish them. (they were in the ground). Opened it up on warm days to get the real sunshine, it was a pain but it worked.
        Autos are short season and the Ruderalis side is a cold weather high altitude plant . Some of these can take as little as 65 days from sprout to harvest with 24/0 lights. (as I understand them, they will take a bit longer outside) Of course Photos go by the light cycle to finish.
        Cooler temps can bring out colors such as purple,,,,.

Comment

IF you stay above freezing, I had some outside last year, not ripe when the cold weather hit, I built them a box with lights and heat to finish them. (they were in the ground). Opened it up on warm days to get the real sunshine, it was a pain but it worked.
          Autos are short season and the Ruderalis side is a cold weather high altitude plant . Some of these can take as little as 65 days from sprout to harvest with 24/0 lights. (as I understand them, they will take a bit longer outside) Of course Photos go by the light cycle to finish.
          Cooler temps can bring out colors such as purple,,,,.
          what if i grow cold climate feminized seeds from mid july ? will i make it with temperatures ?

Comment

Myself, I would start them inside and move outside as weather permits (or a greenhouse if you can). There are short season photos, plants that take only 5-6 weeks in flower to finish (I may try these indoor myself). Planting in July, when will you want/need.have to harvest? (for me this would be a very late start) As the days get long, the girls stretch, when the days grow short (below 14/10, heading to 12/12 and shorter) they flower.
            To many variables to give a solid answer on time.
            What will the low temps be in your area? They are a hardy plant, and I have seen them survive frost bite.
            Maybe someone that lives in the mountains will pick up this thread and have good info (I am in dusty Oklahoma).
            I looked these up, you can go to the seller for their info on them (may be better info) and so many "kushes"!
            Amnesia Haze 10-12 weeks

OG Kush 7-9 weeks

Comment

Hi Aston welcome to GWE i'm an outdoor grower. It's a must to start them off strong before placing them outdoors. I try and veg. them indoors under strong CFL and T5 lights before hardening off in greenhouse x2wks then in a sunny spot with min. 8hrs. Do some research from farmers in your area see what they have done is what i'd do. Don't have to tell em it's weed. Yes do research on strains for your area, no one knows what's gonna happen in your climate conditions but you. You got the time now. We can all guess and give out ideas and suggestions, but it's up to you to find the strain. We can tell you soil and nutrients what work well but it's a trial and error with outdoor. Goodluck
              Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
              indoor/outdoor grower
              1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
              Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
              Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Plant them in sunny spot and water feed them and garden pest you should nt kil them because thier beneficial to other pests. When a snail eat bit of a leaf it shines light inner buds pest control not pest kil.

Comment

Myself, I would start them inside and move outside as weather permits (or a greenhouse if you can). There are short season photos, plants that take only 5-6 weeks in flower to finish (I may try these indoor myself). Planting in July, when will you want/need.have to harvest? (for me this would be a very late start) As the days get long, the girls stretch, when the days grow short (below 14/10, heading to 12/12 and shorter) they flower.
                  What will the low temps be in your area? They are a hardy plant, and I have seen them survive frost bite.
                  Maybe someone that lives in the mountains will pick up this thread and have good info (I am in dusty Oklahoma).
                  I looked these up, you can go to the seller for their info on them (may be better info) and so many "kushes"!
                  Amnesia Haze 10-12 weeks

OG Kush 7-9 weeks
                  hey, how much time short season photos need from germination to harvest ? I'll need them as soon as possible; The lowest low is 3-4 grades in mid november-early december.

Comment

• HappyDaze
                    HappyDaze commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If this is going to be a gorilla style grow starting next year, I'd take some tomato seeds out to your prospective locations and plant them and see what happens.

You've given very limited information, so it's really hard to give advice...L'Aquila is in the central mountains of Italy and gets ten days of rain each month from September to December. You're not going to get flowers in that sort of weather.

If you're looking for strain advice, look at the Great White North seed company. They have a lot of short season outdoor specific strains that would do well in a temperate climate with a short growing season.

• Rwise
                    Rwise commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Short season Autos can be as short as 65 days (give them another 2 weeks to ripen up for my use)

• Aston3
                    Aston3 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    link to Great White North seed company?

link to Great White North seed company?

Comment

Amnesia Haze 10-12 weeks

OG Kush 7-9 weeks
                    ehy, can't i start them outdoor in those little polystyrene containers ? Also could you tell me more about this short season photo, i have never heard about it, i mean, do they really finish so fast ? Also where could i buy some of those ?

Comment

• Rwise
                      Rwise commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I have not tried the Photos that take only 5-6 weeks to flower, some will be in my next seed order. I got my seed from new420guy, just read the details they give on grow time.
                      As to how much one plant will produce, I have seen near 2 kilos from a plant grown wild (in a pile of human poo at a refuse plant (sewer treatment)) and others that would not fill a rolling paper, all depends on everything, weather, bugs, soil, light,,,

• Aston3
                      Aston3 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ok, understood, but i can't find those short photos 5-6 weeks to flower on the web, isn't there a seed bank which i can contact about them? also the price is the same or they cost 10 times more or something like that ? So you claim that these plants are going to take 5-6 weeks from germination to flower, then how much until harvest then? If i could get those kind of seeds it would be perfect by the way. And not from a random guy on the internet, i'd like to contact a serious company about that.

Edited* : I found https://moldresistantstrains.com/20-...row-from-seed/ , here there's one 5-6 weeks to flower, well let's assume it makes 5.5 weeks to flower, and we are on 23rd or august, will i be able to make em harvest ? It is about 2 months from flowering to harvest for autos, so how much time for those ? If it would take 2 months then a week before 1st november i wold be able to harvest
                      Last edited by Aston3; 06-30-2019, 07:33 PM.

• Rwise
                      Rwise commented
                      Editing a comment
                      No 5-6 weeks in flower to finish, veg time is up to the grower
                      new420guy web site has issues or I would post a link to some
                      Outside in the sunlight, I take it we are on the north side of the planet, the days are getting shorter, as the days gets short enuf they will flower. A short veg time gives smaller harvests.
                      One can take a photo plant veg it 3-5 weeks then flower it and have a harvest as fast as the autos! (read the great auto showdown thread, lots of great info!)
                      I have seen even greater harvests, but that was rare over 2 kilos!
                      Some autos can be as short as 56 days from sprout, another 120 days under 24/0.
                      Your plant will follow the sun outside, and when the days are short unuf she will flower in time to finish,,,

Hi Aston3 just do research your climate is different. I don't know where you are but seems like you could check out photo seed info. more specific to your area? Google it. Educate yourself with growing in your area. USA has many different pockets of growing times, temps. What works in Washington may not work in New Mexico when it comes to growing outdoors. Take heed what Rwise is trying to tell you, we have no crystal ball answers.
                    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                    indoor/outdoor grower
                    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Amnesia Haze 10-12 weeks

OG Kush 7-9 weeks
                      Sir, could i get a plant like the one on the image with a simple feminized seed ? Consider that this plant has not yet flowered. Click image for larger version

Name:	3.png
Views:	224
Size:	799.6 KB
ID:	330878
                      Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                        SoOrbudgal commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes you could get a plant like that. Look for big tall strains of female seeds. Start off with good soil for MJ put them in direct sun. Wait for 5-7 month. And be sure not to tell anyone

• Aston3
                        Aston3 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        have you got some strains you advise to plant which are big tall fem? what is soil for MJ ? if i wait 4/5 months is ok anyway ?

Feminized simply means the plant will be female, genetics determine what the seed grows. So if genetics say get 12 feet tall she will try. An auto will not get that big, but delivers faster then the photo does. In short, yes one can grow big plants!

Comment

• Aston3
                        Aston3 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Beacouse that plant is going to yield 500g to 1000g 100%

• Aston3
                        Aston3 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I explain my situation, let's say i have a lot of plants and i am in the jungle in a foreign place alone living in tent for 6 months, how could i set up a growth operation with auto water the plants so that i can grow a large amount even if i am not there for a while they grow ? Also what kind of staff equipment should i buy? i mean the whole set of things needed for a growth
                        Last edited by Aston3; 08-23-2019, 07:57 AM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X