Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP - Leaves discoloured during the flowering stretch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP - Leaves discoloured during the flowering stretch!

Hi All, been growing for about 18 months,
    first 2 batches were "auto's" done in soil, the third batch more auto's, but done in a hydroponic rig, and now on my 4th batch, non-auto feminized seeds also in the hydroponic rig.
    During all the growing I have done, the vegetative state showed good (if a little slow) growth with little to no problems, but I always hit problems when going into bloom.
    The new leaves produced during the flowering stretch always seems to show symptoms of some sort of deficiency, but using the various trouble shooting guides I cannot identify the problem.
    I have found that while the plants are very tolerant of nutrient levels during the vegetative state, the moment the stretch begins with the bloom lights on and 12/12 hour light cycle, the plants become extremely sensitive to the nutrient levels. It seems like just one drop of nutrient too much and they turn into wilting drama queens.
    The new leaves are very pale green almost yellowish at the new growth point, and/or looking pale between the veins - this is all on the new growth during the flowering stretch - non of the other leaves show any signs of problems.
    This discolouration during the flowering stretch occurs every time, but for this last batch, it does seem to be worse and I don't want to lose this crop after putting so much effort in.

i use municipal water, so hoping that there should be plenty of dissolved minerals, such as Ca, Mg, Fe & Zn
    And I use the General Hydroponics formulas and very strict about adding the exact amounts for the growing phase. The only change was to use the "general Hydroponics - Micro" for Hard water, whereas the prior grows was with the regular formula.

First two photos are from the canopy of "Jack Herrer",
    Click image for larger version

Name:	80D_015209a.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	315515Click image for larger version

Name:	80D_015211a.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	315516
    while the third is a closeup of "Amnesia Haze" - here you can see the pale green is between the veins.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	80D_015212a.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	315517

Any help or advice would be appreciated...

Looks like it could be a zinc deficiency. Whats your pH range?
    Problem: A cannabis zinc deficiency causes younger leaves to start yellowing in between the veins. Leaf tips get discolored and may start dying.

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

The pH of the water does tend to be high (untreated is about pH 8) and has to be adjusted down to about pH 6.
      However, just retested it and it was up to pH 6.5, maybe slightly over, so adjusted it back down to around pH 5.5, so hopefully that will solve it (without cuasing it to freak out due to the change in pH)
      Last edited by Malkavian420; 06-14-2019, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Give it a try, someone may say suggest something else, but I would start there... watch for recovery!

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

What kind of light do you use and how close is it at the picture time?
          You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Malkavian420
            Malkavian420 commented
            Editing a comment
            lights are a good 24 (or more) inches from the plants, so plenty of room for the flowering stretch. In previous grows, plants have reached up to the lights and gotten a little burnt, but this discoloration happens each time when the stretch kicks in. Seems like they are needing something for the rapid growth spurt and not getting it...

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X