No announcement yet.

First Grow - Discoloured Plant Leaves!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! First Grow - Discoloured Plant Leaves!

Me again!

Having some new issues with plants in my first grow.

Plant 1 is still growing slowly and is a little droopy. I think I overwatered it last time. Live and learn.

The main concern is plant 2 - it has some brown/grey discolouration on its leaves and is very droopy with slow growth - any idea what this could be? Is it likely to be nutrient related?

Both plants are now day 23 post-sprouting.

Any thoughts on where I'm going wrong would be much appreciated!

Background info:

Grow is inside a tent using 4x45W CFLs about 2-3" away from plants.
    Substrate is coco coir in 3 gallon smart pots.

Watering using a nutrient schedule found elsewhere in this site.

Plants are northern lights auto feminised x1 and another auto feminised strain that came free with the shipment (oops I forgot the name).

They were started in Root Riot cubes.

Temp wise I've been maintaining about 26-28c.
    Humidity is difficult - normal humidity in the tent is 35%, with wet towels and a humidifier I can get it up to 60-70% but it does drop to 30-40% at times.
    Nutes are FloraTrio and CalMag.
    Ph has been 5.8-6 of water.

By any chance were one of the cfl touching the leaf? Even briefly?

Where is your fan located? (If you have one going) -- chances are you overwatered, but fans can cause weird growth to occur.

Could you take a close up of the leaves in question? I see some on the far left.... but hard to id.

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

• InvertedAxis
      InvertedAxis commented
      Editing a comment
      The CFLs were never touching the leaves but were quite close for a while.

There's a few close-ups in that imgur album - e.g. https://imgur.com/Uob9Nry

The fan is located about 4-5" above the plants pointing horizontally.

Thanks!

I can remember seeing that before, cant recall the name of it offhand, gimmie a few.... gunna need to look it.up. unless someone answers in the meantime.

Also, no bug issue in the meantime? They cause lots of weird stuff. They can be very small, generally under the leaves.

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

• InvertedAxis
      InvertedAxis commented
      Editing a comment
      There was an isolated wood louse in the tent but absolutely zero bug activity otherwise that I can detect - I looked on the underside of the leaves which are clear!

Thank you for taking the time, it is appreciated

Also, how are you feeding them with trio? According to the chart?

Comment

• InvertedAxis
      InvertedAxis commented
      Editing a comment
      According to the chart yes - though the frequency has been a little off because of the overwatering issue.

The louse I dont think would cause an issue

It is very possible the be the overwatering aspect. It may not be your overwatering but just wstering too often - NebulaHaze. Remember to give them just phed water as well between feedings. And only water when they are light to ligt up.

For sure follow GWE's solution regardless.

Solution: The best thing you can do for overwatered plants is give them time between waterings, and then start off watering slowly until things seem back to normal. Make sure that water is able to drain easily out the bottom of potted cannabis plants. Be extra careful with small plants in big containers.

Comment

• InvertedAxis
      InvertedAxis commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks you've been super helpful and I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

I will slow down on the watering - though I struggle to get any run-off at all from the 3 gallon smart pots. It takes over a litre to start seeing anything come out the bottom. Maybe I'm watering over too wide an area in the pot?

Just water less frequent. Water until you get the 30% or so runoff, next water just wait until you lift the pot and it is really really light. With smart pots you should have it dry relatively fast vs a plastic container. You want roots to get lots of air (Dry period).

Remember after each nutrient watering to give it phed water on the following watering

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X