commented on 's reply
    Good info starramus

• starramus
    commented on 's reply
    are your batteries OK?

• starramus
    replied
    Originally posted by rcsaw View Post
    i have bought 2 electronic ph testers that dont seem to work, can anyone reccomend a ph tester that they use
    You might try soaking them in distilled water for about an hour. I resurrected one of mine with this procedure. Give it a shot you've got nothing to lose.

Leave a comment:

• Toker1
    commented on 's reply
    Agreed, my cheap $10 no name brand yellow PH pen has lasted me about 5 years now. I went a year with no calibration at all and the pen was only .1 off the calibration solution rating.

• Toker1
    commented on 's reply
    If you are testing 1-2 buckets, sure. I can see that. Now if you are testing 100 buckets, that would require way too many man-hours to use the strips.

• Toker1
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, I test until I reach stability. I swirl around the water with the ph pen and test while mixing the water around. This ensures PH uniformity through out the medium. Then I clean with DI water and store ph probe bulb in a storage solution. Calibrate 1-2 per year.

• 9fingerleafs
    commented on 's reply
    i too think the strips are the best choice, specially the ones with the 5-9 ph range. i cannot get them locally and/or cheap

• 9fingerleafs
    replied
    i have the same that ATU and OJH have but i also have a cheap yellow chinese one and the yellow one its always spot on and needs no calibration, the fancy one needs calibration once a month at least. buy a cheap yellow one i would say

Leave a comment:

• kingfish
    replied
    never failed me yet.

Leave a comment:

• HappyDaze
    replied
    Het RC...I had a Nutradip meter that I used for fifteen years, it needed new probes every few years, even though they were well looked after. As everyone will tell you...you can't let them dry out and you should store them in pH 4.0 test solution or storage solution. I'd recommend that brand based on my experience

My new meter is a BlueLab combo meter. I've had it for about a year and a half, and it's great, but it displays one output at a time. I liked the Nutradip better, it displays all three reading simultaneously, and doesn't run on batteries, which may or may not be an advantage I suppose.

Leave a comment:

• oldjarhead100
    replied
    I use the same meter as ATU and it is real important to not let it dry out cause its junk then , bring it in to a store and they will test it for you and show you how to calibrate it if you dont know. and it takes longer than 15 seconds for ph to balance out .In fact how long does everyone leave there ph meters in nute mix before taking the reading , I go until it stops changing 20 seconds

Leave a comment:

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    you give the best links ATU , the birds must know I'm talking to you they keep circling me ,you know hootie chases buddy around me but is to slow for buddy lol

• alltatup
    replied
    I use this one: https://www.amazon.com/HM-Digital-Hy...web_2593569011

It's 2 years old; I always leave it soaking in 7.0 pH calibration solution that I buy in bulk here: http://www.omega.com/pptst/PHA4_7_10.html?bt=cart

Leave a comment:

• Toker1
    replied
    What do you mean by not working? Did you calibrate them?

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X