Premature Flowering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Premature Flowering

My Northern Lights skipped the vegetative stage and jumped directly into flowering with only three finger leafs. Should I let it be or, at some time, cut the main cola. If so, when? Will trimming it send it back into vegetative state? Just not sure what to expect.

What is the light schedual?

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

Thank you for your interest.
      I started from seed in early March. Six seeds of different variety. They were kept inside in a southern window. Natural light. There had been the slightest bit of night light in the beginning. I’m guessing that little bit of light tricked the NL to flower, just 8 weeks from seed, with only 3 fingers per leaf. So I turned off that nightlight. @ 11 weeks from seed, I moved them outside. They are on Mother Nature’s light schedule until harvest in October.
      ps. I just found in my notes that it is Northern Lights. Auto flowering. So maybe it’s normal. It my first auto. Second season outside.
      Last edited by CaseaCash; 06-11-2019, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Could have been just too much dark when they started, but its hard to say. If thats the case, they will revert back to veg, if they do... be careful about the stress it may have caused. It could cause a hermi.

As for autos, they will start flowering on their own. I have 2 autos going now, they are my first autos as well, but they didnt start flowering for a solid 1-2 months after seeds were popped.

Regardless of strain, try to get it as much light as possible to see if it will at least stretch!

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

Northern Lights auto is +-65 days (more often + 2 weeks) from seed to harvest Give her lots of light up to 24 hours. My autos have all started flowering at 3-5 weeks, even the 120 day strain,

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X