germination question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

germination question

new grower so I'm not sure if I'm doing it right..my question: germed using paper towel method, seeds popped in 48 hrs, split some rapid rooters and put the babies in...at this point should I be giving them some light or keeping it dark until the leaves peek out the top of the rooters? lost a couple of germed seeds earlier and wondering if light too soon might be the cause?

you got it wrong they dont need dark to germ.they germ better in light.i do mine in a propagate in kitchen next radiator,they need a little light to stimulate hormones its spring and summer

Comment

Originally posted by duckman View Post
      new grower so I'm not sure if I'm doing it right..my question: germed using paper towel method, seeds popped in 48 hrs, split some rapid rooters and put the babies in...at this point should I be giving them some light or keeping it dark until the leaves peek out the top of the rooters? lost a couple of germed seeds earlier and wondering if light too soon might be the cause?
      Maybe too much moisture. I have actually drowned some seeds in Rapid Rooters. Lost 5 of 12 premium seeds. I have gone back to pushing the seed into a dirt hole with a bare toe!

Excellent article which I used to go by https://www.mandalaseeds.com/Guides/Germination-Guide , and then went to the erroneous Rapid Rooter method. I have since returned to the good ole way nature does it. Put it in the dirt.

Comment

thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X