Humidity Help Please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Humidity Help Please!

hey ya'll...just starting my first real grow (yay!) but I'm getting worried about the low level of humidity in my tent. it is up and down a bit, of course, depending on the ambient conditions in my room but it has been ranging from 32 to 39 percent which I'm pretty sure is too low for a successful grow. the only time it goes higher (e.g. 55 percent) is when I turn the exhaust fan off completely (causing the temp to spike), obviously not a long term solution!
    tent: 2 x 2 x 5 secret jardin
    light: LED vivarspectra v300
    substrate: happy frog and perlite 75/25
    pots: 2 x 5 gal. fabric pots
    Any suggestions would be much appreciated, thanks!

Hello duckman and welcome,
    although not ideal you humidity numbers are not that bad.
    you will be ok.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

I have the same problem. I just leave my exhaust fan on.

Comment

When your canopy develops they'll be transpiring a lot of H2O. You'll be battling too much humidity soon enuff. If you're worried about your sprouts being too dry you can put a dome over them. A dry-cleaning bag and some bamboo stakes works great, and it doesn't require a trip to the garden center.
        Space 1: 3ft x 3ft T-Tek tent
        400W HPS Mag Ballast
        GH Floro - DWC
        Current grow - Humboldt Fem Green Crck from seed
        - TGA GSC x Space Dude clones

Space 2: 6ft x 6ft x 8ft room
        IponicZone 400/600/1000W dimmable HPS E-Ballast
        Supplemented with California Lightworks Solar System 275 with spectrum control
        GH Maxi Series-DWC
        Current grow - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream from seed
        - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream Clones
        - TGA GSC x Space Dude from reg seed in dirt, G.O. Box nutes

Comment

During the winter it's pretty dry here. My flower tent is usually 35% and they've done just fine. Veg tent I usually use a 5 gallon bucket, an aquarium heater at max heat and an air stone. That seems to be the trick for getting humidity in my 4x4 up about 5-10%.

Comment

thanks to all for the advice, some good ideas here! much appreciated...

Comment

I add a “cool mister” in my tent during early veg as I also struggle with low humidity. It works great and even helps cool down the environment. You’ll only need the mister for 4-5 weeks as you soon enough be fighting too much humidity! Lol, the ups and downs of our grow space!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X