Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Overwatering seedlings?

Hi everyone!

I'm a first time grower and was thanks to the GWE that I was able to start my grow!

I'm currently growing with a 6 CLFS in a space bucket. One of these CLF's is positioned 1,5 inches away from my seedlings. The other 5 are 10 inches away.

I've started my grow in a pellet than I moved to the bucket, in this move I've added water to my plant (about 450 ml). The next day I thought that the medium (Coco coir, coco fiber + perlite) was a little bit dry so I add 100 ml.

Today my plant (which is 6-days old) woke up with these grayish-brow spots right in the middle of the seedling (next to where the 2nd set of leaves are forming). In the picture you can't see them very well because they are very small.

I was wondering if this can be a sign of overwatering, can you help?

Thanks!

whats wrong is you have low lighting.Your plant should be nuch bigger.,
    cfl are weak at photosynthesis.you need at least high pressure sodium or metal hide or led or best outside
    Last edited by Scarletwhitewidow; 06-08-2019, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Common noobie mistake - one thinks the more water they get the faster they will grow - not so. Don't see any brown things you mentioned. Plants are having a great start - let them grow. Cfl's are effective close in - like the one you have inches away from. Have another close in too - and therein is the down side to using cfl's. You have to watch them daily and then hourly constantly adjusting. But they work. Also moving the lights gets you in tune with your grow man.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Howdy Metaly I think your seedling looks fine. Try using small water cup to go around outer edge of leave span onto soil. Go real slow as pouring fast upsets tiny roots and pour from barely inside outer leave towards outside and gradually make larger water ring. It will take a few weeks for that seedling to dig it's roots in as your finding out already just keep soil moist for now. But I think your doing fine, good catch and like Canuck147 says cfls work well with seedlings but do keep eye on growth, I keep mine at 3" above top of plant and adjust as needed. Best of luck

Comment

It looks fine...don't love it to death. The hardest part when starting out, is to exercise some self control and do nothing but watch them grow.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190608_120218[1].jpg
Views:	130
Size:	3.64 MB
ID:	314477

@ Scarlett...These were all dropped at the same time, thirteen days ago...and look at the one at the 2 o'clock position, it's just emerging. Suggesting that they "should" be bigger, is just encouraging intervention that probably isn't required.

Space 1: 3ft x 3ft T-Tek tent
          400W HPS Mag Ballast
          GH Floro - DWC
          Current grow - Humboldt Fem Green Crck from seed
          - TGA GSC x Space Dude clones

Space 2: 6ft x 6ft x 8ft room
          IponicZone 400/600/1000W dimmable HPS E-Ballast
          Supplemented with California Lightworks Solar System 275 with spectrum control
          GH Maxi Series-DWC
          Current grow - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream from seed
          - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream Clones
          - TGA GSC x Space Dude from reg seed in dirt, G.O. Box nutes

Comment

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            Never seen a forest in a bucket.

• HappyDaze
            HappyDaze commented
            Editing a comment
            As explained before...after sexing and culling the weaklings, these will be clone donors. No point taking up space on the deck for a few weed plants.

Hey everyone, thanks very much for your help! I will take it easy on the water then. I'm also adding a new light a little bit closer to the plant. I hope it helps.

Thanks again everyone!

Comment

Hey metaly, assuming you make it through the vegging. What kind of light are you gonna use for flowering? A couple of CFLs is not going to cut it.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X