Leaves dying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaves dying

Hello I am new to community and growing. I have had recent trouble with my plants but seems to have stopped now. With that I would still like to know what went wrong to avoid in future. The patches on lower older leaves only here and there started the day after I sprayed neem oil. I know that it wasn’t the been that hurt them but seems related. I was told because lights were on when I sprayed neem. It was only on bottom leaves furthest from light but had most liquid frytop leaves dripping? Any advice is helpful feel free to ask anything. I am growing under led and using golden tree and kelp mostly.

When you spray them back the lights off until they dry, or do it at lights out,,, the drops of liquid act as a magnifying lens

Comment

it looks like combo of few things some tips are pointing up some down and brown tips.Down is normally too much nitrogen,up is light or heat stress.and maybe nut-burn

Comment

• CC420710
        CC420710 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah when the lower leaf problem appeared I though deficiency so I gave them nutes in return giving me nute burn

Whatever caused that issue its kinda out of the way looking at the fresh growth on top. Since those leaves will be blocked by the upper leaves soon, I would cut those leaves off, plenty of good looking plant up top and you will want to clear lower growth in the future.

Comment

Thanks, everyone I appreciate the help. Yes, there are signs of nutrient burn because added nutes when I first saw problem thinking it was a deficiency but apparently gave too much. So I flushed and added new soil to old to dilute it without disturbing the roots. After everyone's input, I am confident that the original problem was a light burn from me spraying neem with lights on. I won't make that mistake again. I do want to reach out about nutes because I am having a hard time getting it right. I use less than recommended but still too much. I am using fox farm trio, Bush Doctor kelp, and golden tree. I fed them 1 tsp of tiger bloom, 2 tsp Big Bloom and tsp of golden tree per gallon and I used 1 and half gallons to water my 5 plants. Next day I had signs of nutrient burn on tips. Did I use too much if so what is recommended? I have just started flowering cycle and know that changes things some. Any advice on nutes would be helpful. I have learned so much just reading through these forums figured I could learn me if I involved myself more.

Comment

I give nutes every other watering at half or less strength. And I supplement my basic watering with kelp and that's all. So I water in aurora 707 soil and supplement with down to earth dry. So 3 days water light nutes
          3 days later water with kelp. Be aware of your plants need for water though, as one plant I added to much perlite so it feeds every 2 days. Also dont forget that your soil and mine already contain nutrients so go lighter or no nutes for 4 weeks after sprouting. Good growing

Mars hydro 5x5
          Optic 1 and 2
          vipar par 600
          Cali lightworks solarextreme 250
          Ac infinity fans
          Aurora 707 soil supplemented with
          Down to earth
          Bat guano fish meal and blood meal
          earthworm castings perlite and
          straight peat moss (to soften the soil notes)

Comment

ph-fluctuations-cannabis Hello CC, check this cannabis-symptoms-pictures out it might help. Cutting leaves off does not change your problem because it is affecting the lower leaf section and if not corrected will climb to the top. Do you PH your water feed to 6.5 ?
            Last edited by Colombo; 06-07-2019, 11:15 PM.

Comment

• CC420710
              CC420710 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, I try to keep ph down it seems to stay neutral for the most part. I do need to get a test pen for water. I have been using strips and soil testing which I know isn't the most accurate but getting me by. I sm fairly positive the problem was the neem oil since I did it with lights on like a dummy. I sprayed alot and dripped onto leaves causing them to burn. I haven't had any more problems since then except slight nute burn. I am having trouble getting my dosage right. I added alot less this round so fingers crossed. I appreciate everyone's' help to confirm this I honestly wouldn't of known for sure otherwise so thanks to everyone who helped. If anyone has advice on nutrients let me know or I can I start a new discussion on it. I am using Fox Farm trio, Golden tree, and Bush Doctor kelp. I am on week 9 and have been using 2 tsp. tiger bloom, 2 tsp. big bloom and 1 tsp golden tree in one-gallon water but I got slight nute burn from that so I cut that in half for next feeding. Any thoughts are appreciated

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X