Outdoor pot size, type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Outdoor pot size, type

I'm doing an outside grow and must use pots, so I need help in choosing them.
    I've got 40 liter fabric pots and 70 liter plastic pots, I get that fabric pots are better because of more oxygen availability but can't decide which to use since theee are pro oxygen but those are bigger.
    Which will give best yield, 40l fabric or 70l plastic pots or should I use first the 40l then after they stretch in flowering transplant them into the 70l plastics?? (and when is best time to transplant from 40l to 70l)

Many thanks

i think the 40l fabric pot will do fine on its own, definitely dont try to transplant a big 40l fabric pot cause youll hurt the roots. the best time for the last transplant is before switching to flowering.
    to me that 70l plastic pot sound like problems, specially if the drainage is not great and if it rains a lot, fabric pots cannot be overwatered so thats a big pro for outdoors

Comment

Use as large a pot possible. I use 45 and 65 gallon. I have already transplanted two from 15 gallon to 45 gallon because root bound. No problem with the transfer. Put one fabric pot inside the other and cut the smaller away. Very easy with absolute no harm to plant.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        geez Dan are you growing trees lol, how long is your growing season .ours is June to end of September , I use 5 and 10 gallon pots , the 10s are better than the 5s ,but 34 plants in 10 gallon pots is a shit ton of soil lol, Bigger the roots Bigger the buds

They don't call him desertdan for nothin!! Way to go desertdan it's my "bucket list" project to have my legal plants grow into trees. My biggest is in 10gal. and grew to near 10ft. a baby to some. But my dream is to grow a giant by my standards.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

This year was an early start March 30. They can go until Nov, but are usually all done by mid Oct. I have one that is close to 80" already. I will post lots of pics when we are done. I lost almost everything last year do to root aphids. there was only enough decent smoke to last till Dec. Trying to make up for it this year. I usually use 15 gal. pots for clones in June. This year I tried seed in the 15 in April and they are too small. I was surprised how easy it was to transplant them into 45s. I think it is easier to grow in large pots once one makes the leap.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Well if I can get 2lbs off of 4 photos we'd be fine, I don't expect much from the autos they are for me and experiment in outdoor. It is raining here now but suppose to get high temps 90's f coming next few days everything should wake up again. Having learned about indoor growing has saved me some $$$ big time but I count on this summer grow for bulk The way it's going weather wise so far here with the temp fluctuations, sunshine these poor plants are taking it slow. I needed to wait longer before I put them in greenhouse then around property but got fooled AGAIN by false summer start. I get about 5months seed to finish where i'm at so I gotta push it else it's greenhouse finish in the fall and chances of mold.

Originally posted by SoOrbudgal View Post
        They don't call him desertdan for nothin!! Way to go desertdan it's my "bucket list" project to have my legal plants grow into trees. My biggest is in 10gal. and grew to near 10ft. a baby to some. But my dream is to grow a giant by my standards.
        Reading this I'll stick to my 10 gallon fabrics for the best. Thanks all

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X