No announcement yet.

Newby First Grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Veg-all. Veg-all is a smell that almost sends me into a panic. It's a canned, mixed vegetable I had in kindergarten. Maybe first grade. I only smell it in institutional situations. Godawful stuff.
    The first dispensary I ever went to was in Nelson. B.C. is amazing. I was there in a winter and loved it. Let's swap houses (my little apartment) come winter. But I'll need to use your car because I don't have one and I'll want to head to the place in Nelson. Ooh! Do you have a snowmobile? And maybe borrow your goulashes or rubbers or whatever it is you people call them.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

Nelson...the Canadian version of Humboldt County. It's a 7 hours drive from our place. The girlfriend says "the keys will be under the mat on the 15th of February. Use Daze's pick-up, it's ugly, but it'll get you to the mountains. Be careful using the 4WD, the transfer case is a little fucked....bring your own boots and we'll give you the name of a friend who'll set you up with a sled tour, but he's a pro, so he'll charge you"

The girl is pretty serious, she'd push you out your front door and down the stairs for the chance to be anywhere south of here in February.

We should set up a bunch of house swaps for growers...that way, you know your show is being looked after while you're away.
      Space 1: 3ft x 3ft T-Tek tent
      400W HPS Mag Ballast
      GH Floro - DWC
      Current grow - Humboldt Fem Green Crck from seed
      - TGA GSC x Space Dude clones

Space 2: 6ft x 6ft x 8ft room
      IponicZone 400/600/1000W dimmable HPS E-Ballast
      Supplemented with California Lightworks Solar System 275 with spectrum control
      GH Maxi Series-DWC
      Current grow - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream from seed
      - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream Clones
      - TGA GSC x Space Dude from reg seed in dirt, G.O. Box nutes

Comment

A new thread is growing from this

A new thread coming from https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/313948-newby-first-grow/page2 Swapping houses? Sounds like a bud-n-breakfast

More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

Noticed the stem of this plant yesterday. It appears to me that this girl's trying to grow roots above the soil. Does that mean she's root-bound? And if those aren't roots what are they?
          Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
          Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
          Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            Cover them up with more of your grow medium.

I flipped the switch three days ago to put the girls into flower. I think they are doing great. I gave them one last prune before the 12/12. I chose to turn to the lights on at night (6:45pm-6:45am). Also, I will be using Fox Farm Big Bloom nutrients. And because I had to wait a little longer than I wanted to begin the flowering stage I may have to deal with limited grow space, but hopefully that won't be to much of a problem.

I have read through a few tutorials and have a question about humidity. According to a chart I found on this web site it appears the recommended humidity level for flowering is 40%-50%. The humidity level in my grow space has been a consistent 58%-62%. Temps are steady in the mid 70's. I have noticed the humidity levels usually fluctuate with the watering times and as the plants produce more leaves. I have not tried to control the humidity level to this point. Is the humidity range of 58%-62% something I should concern myself with as the girls flower?
          Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
          Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            In my opinion at this stage humidity is fine. Late during flower not good but you are on top off your grow. Great job golfnrl.

My girls will start their 7th week of flower on August 31. The plants are a little over 5' each. They have filled out nicely. The canopy spans pretty much the entire grow tent. I will harvest when the trichomes resemble those in the pics I have been studying on this web site. I'm trying to be patient...here's a few of the smaller buds.

Comment

• HappyDaze
            HappyDaze commented
            Editing a comment
            They look great...not long to wait now!

Your doing great golfnrl hang on it won't take too much longer. What are you feeding now if I may ask?
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Originally posted by SoOrbudgal View Post
            Your doing great golfnrl hang on it won't take too much longer. What are you feeding now if I may ask?
            I'm using Fox Farm Big Bloom...I was following the feeding recommendations on the bottle but cut it in half two days ago, so now about 2 TBS per gallon. I'm planning to start the flush in about 10 more days...but it will depend on how the pistils look and how the trichomes are coming along.

Comment

My girls are 8 weeks and 2 days into flower. I took these pics today I think the harvest window is beginning to open. I'm inclined to wait a few more days and watch the trichomes. Speaking of which, I'm seeing a few ambers and a lot of others are cloudy looking.

Comment

• billyboy
                billyboy commented
                Editing a comment
                Close. IMO - If you are in soil it is molasses time for ~ 2 weeks more. I've had good results w/ 2Tbsp /gal

What is the strain?

• Canuck147
                Canuck147 commented
                Editing a comment
                I think the last pic tells you where you are - still some clear more cloudy and no amber yet. Definitely in the harvest window. By the way - those pics are great!

billyboy "What is the strain"

It's a crap shoot...the seed supplier sent the wrong seeds. Was supposed to be a sativa, Strawberry Cough, but these are indica plants...so, I'm not sure.

Comment

Well...my first grow is over with. I really enjoyed it. Thanks to this forum for the advice along the way. Here are some pics of the end. My two girls got to be about 5' 7" tall. This pic is right before i cut them down. These trichome pics are the last ones I took. Also on the same day I harvested. And the other pics are some of the buds. Overall I think things went well. My yield was 101 grams. The buds are dried and are curing. They smell great and look good.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X