femilized seeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

femilized seeds

i tried making collidal silver to make femilized seeds and had no results then purchased the collidal silver and not getting results . can some help me with info. im spraying twice a day and not working

Welcome to the forum,
    Can you explain your process in detail?
    what is the PPM of the silver?
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

I sprayed mine only once per day for 14 days, do give more info and welcome to GWE!!

Comment

hey mr. furley, im mixing to 50ppm, spaying twice a day wondering if i should spay the plant more times. i bought 500 ppm from ultra silver in austin tx mixing with distilled water 10 to 1 its distributed by bountico inc bakersville nc suppose to be lab certified, thanks for the help

Comment

thanks rwise, which brand of silver r u using

Comment

I made my own, I used (near) pure silver wire and a 15 VDC wall wort and a resistor (to cut it down a tad), ran it overnight and it had good color, used it straight up. A 9 VDC source will do fine, there is a tutorial here on it,,, or tons on google,,,there are safety issues.
            I will use GA3 on my next hermie,,,,

Comment

I believe around 30 ppm is the ticket, Here is the GWE article.
              https://www.growweedeasy.com/how-to-...arijuana-seeds
              I would suggest try cutting down to once a day.
              are you running your lights at 12/12?
              You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

mr furley , yes running light 12/12 and i read the artical and followed the instuctions using pure silver coins the solution was a gray color and settled to bottom , the solution i purchased is a redish color and is nano particals with no settling

Comment

• Rwise
                  Rwise commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What coins? USA coins are not pure enuf silver, Canadian coins are good,,,

hey rwise, im using us american eagles 999 purity i thought, i did another homade batch last night following gwe instructions and will try again, thanks

Comment

• Rwise
                  Rwise commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Those are collectors coins, they may be good, USA coins for circulation are not.
                  IF you have not look into safety issues with CS,,,, use only the pollen/seed,,,

hey rwise, dont follow what ur saying cs is coin silver i assume and pollen /seed i dont understand. unless u mean dont smoke the buds. anyway thanks for trying to help

Comment

• Rwise
                  Rwise commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ya, dont smoke the bud, dont reuse the soil, the pot it is in, or anything else that touches the CS! I used it once, but there are safer ways to make a hermie.

Here's some good information> https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....lver+generator

Buying the pre-made colloidal silver is way too expensive. You'll go broke going that route.

Here's my stoopid thread. https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...nna-be-the-man

Comment

thanks starramus, great info, more detailed , just what i needed. would u know if this method will work also on hemp.? thanks again

Comment

hey rwise, thanks , i didnt think about the dirt. have a good one

Comment

• Rwise
                      Rwise commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I didn't either, until I did a lot of reading,,,
                      And yes it works on hemp,,,
                      I will use GA3 on one soon, I have done one with stress, I have willow trees and will also try willow tea (aspirin), so many things to learn!!

hey rwise,im trying a new batch of homemade silver,we will see what happens, i wish i could get past this hurdle so i can make my own fem seeds. r u using the willow tea to make the pollen sachs? u sound like me always exprimenting. sounds interesting good luck

Comment

• Rwise
                      Rwise commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I have not tried the willow tea, I do have a tree,,, it is natural aspirin. I have read a lot on this,, I too like trying new to me things. My first hermies and fem seed was done with stress near a creek. The funny part there is I did not know then I was making fem seed, and just wondered why I got no males in any patch from those seed.

Not to hijack thread but I am wondering if folks:
                    Just apply CS to say a lower branch (as written on this site) then just pollinate 1 cola for seeds thus leaving the rest of plant seedless and free of CS for consumption. Or pollinate the entire plant. Which seems like one would end up with a huge amount of seeds.
                    Thanks.

Comment

• Mr.furley
                      Mr.furley commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The best way IMO is to give A short veg cycle with no topping and get it to flowering quickly, collect the pollen and apply to specific buds on another plant. The entire plant you spray with colloidal silver should be considered toxic including the soil and should not be consumed.
                      The last time I let a plant self pollinate free indoors I wound up with over an ounce of seeds on that one plant not to mention the seeds I got off the other plants that were around.

• Rwise
                      Rwise commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Well folks tend to put their own style to things they do, nothing wrong with that. On my last hermie, I took a clone and spayed it, when she popped out male flowers, I cut the top bud off and placed it in a zip lock baggie. I then went to each plant I wanted seed from, took 1 bud and stuck it into the baggie, zip it up as best one can, pinch the remaining part and shack! Weight just a moment for the dust to settle, and off to the next plant/bud.
                      Yes I got a few stray seed, but just a few, like the WW had 1 good and 1 not good seed (I did not do the WW as I hoped it would finish before the seeds)
                      I should also add I have a room to do these in separate from the grow room,,,,

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X