Nutrient Strength

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nutrient Strength

Hi everyone I have a question about nutrient strength. I mixed my first resorvoir up using nebulas formula strength and I'm getting around 500ppm for the week one seedling mix using 1/4 tsp of the flora series and 1 tsp of calimagic per gallon. I'm wondering if 500ppm is to much or am I doing something wrong. i mixed 5 gallons using 6.25ml of each of the flora series with 25ml of calimagic. thank you.

Using RO water btw. in a test mix by the gallon I was getting about 300ppm just by using 1 tsp of calimagic.

Comment

500ppm is starting to get on the high end for seedlings and clones. But it’s still acceptable. If she is a heavy feeder, that will work perfectly. If you are unsure, reduce the dosage of each until your closer to 3-400ppm. See how the plant reacts and base the next feeding off that reaction.
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Thanks Toker1. If I do need to reduce strength should it be an equal amount of each to keep ratios the same or just take from the cal mag since it makes up a majority of the mixture?
        Sorry man first time hydro grow.

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          No prob. I would start with a reduced ratio. Meaning, do 50% of the recommended dosages on all supplements. Then try 75%. Work your way up to 100% slowly over time. Giving the plants plenty of time to react. Look at their leaves, watch for burning (over feeding) or pale colors (not enough food).

I’ve had 2 successful DW grows and working on my 3rd.

Seedlings - 500-600 ppm
        vegetative - 800-900 ppm
        blooming - 1000-1100 ppm

Comment

Be aware that the cheap TDS/EC meters dont have temperature adjustments , most of the people are not aware that the EC/TDS reading vary depends from the temperature . If u dont have TDS meter with ATC , then your reading must be on 77 Fahrentains water temperature . And of course aware of different ppm scales (500,800) ....

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X