Stunted seedlings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stunted seedlings

Hey everyone. I started these about 2 weeks ago. For the last week they haven't done much of anything. I've just been giving them plain ro water and have them under some t5 bulbs. They were started under a dome and a heat mat. Are they over watered? What have I done wrong? Is there still hope for these?

I’m not sure if this was the issue...but I read that those heating mats can cook roots. I was not sure how true that was...but none the less, I have always rested the trays on top of a few pencils just to create an air gap in-between the heating mat and the tray.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      In that case, a few pencils might do the trick.

• SirSmksAlot
      SirSmksAlot commented
      Editing a comment
      So do you think I should put them back on the heat mat?

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      You don’t need it if your temps are around 70F.

One more thing I noticed is that I always remove the rockwool wrapping for my seeds and clones. I have seen others leave them on, so not sure if that is causing the issue.

Comment

• SirSmksAlot
      SirSmksAlot commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm going to remove them right now. I debated whether I should take it off or leave it. I usually take them off too but I figured they would dry out faster. Might be suffocating a bit. Thanks! 🤟

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      No prob.
      Yeah. Drying out faster might be a good thing. Stagnant water is the worst. Lost too many clones because my rockwool medium stayed too wet for too long. A very light breeze can help, but very light being the key words in that too much can dry them out.

If the temps and humidity are to low they will not grow. What are the air temps and humidity. In the cooler months i keep mine in a unused bathroom until the 3rd node. Then they can handle temps that drop under 60. Just a thought. And until they turn brown they always have a chance. Even if autos. I screwed up 6 autos by being out of town but after all said and done the 6 made over 1000g.
    You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• SirSmksAlot
      SirSmksAlot commented
      Editing a comment
      Temps are 20-22 celsius so like 70ish during the day and a few degrees cooler lights off. Humidity is between 40 and 50% it fluctuates a bit. They are in a make shift veg area so conditions aren't perfect but I didn't think they were that off.

• Spidermite
      Spidermite commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe it could be the lower humidity but I really dont know then. Odd its all of them. So has to be something off just a bit. Could try raising the humidity and double check your watering practice. Other than that i just dont know what else it could be.

I do prefer rapid rooters over the starting material you are using but I know alot of people have success with what you are using. I just find it easier to keep the moisture right in rapid rooters. After awhile you know when to water just by the color of the rapid rooters.

• SirSmksAlot
      SirSmksAlot commented
      Editing a comment
      I feel that it may have been a combination of to much water/ not enough air. And as toker originally said I think my heat mat may have gotten a bit too hot. I used rapid rooters my last grow with no problems. Might just switch back to them again.

Seedlings like warmer temps, and yours look like maybe too much water and not enough air to the roots. At least I've had some seedlings look like that for those reasons. They also like a bit more humidity. https://www.growweedeasy.com/how-to-...abis-seedlings
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• SirSmksAlot
      SirSmksAlot commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll try running the humidifier. It's just the space they're in is very large. It will be hard to raise it any more. I have 2 aquariums in the area too

Imo, 70’s is perfect spring weather. It’s below 60F is when I incorporate a heating mat.
    Learn exactly how to maintain the rigth temperature for your indoor cannabis grow room.

Comment

• SirSmksAlot
      SirSmksAlot commented
      Editing a comment
      I removed the wraps on the cubes and set my fan on super low speed to give them the slightest breeze. Gonna try to bump the humidity a bit and cross my fingers and hope they bounce back!

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Best of luck. Hoping they recover well.

I sure hope the recover for you !
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• SirSmksAlot
      SirSmksAlot commented
      Editing a comment
      Me too!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X