Growing in total darkness, High Times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Growing in total darkness, High Times

This old High Times article keeps coming up in me mind. It said that one could take a copper sheet, place it in the sunshine, run a wire from it to a grow box, The grow box was lined with aluminum foil and the wire from the copper sheet hooked to it. Then from the pot of soil run a wire to a good earth ground.
    The article claimed that if the copper sheet (collector) was to big, or to much aluminum foil (reflector) the plants would burn just like August sunshine (I am on the north side of the planet), if things are right the plants would be green and growing with no lights, no heat,,,

Anyway I was wondering IF anyone had read and tried this. Right after this article played in HT, there were several buildings built with large copper panels, I have always wondered what they grow downstairs! LOL

So your thoughts, is this just BS or could what plants need from the sun be captured, sent down a conductor, and reflected/transmitted to the plants? IF this could work it could be a game changer for us.

I subbed just to see if anyone has tried this. That would be awesome if it were true!

Comment

Howdy Rwise, all that I can say about the article is, They must of had some very good weed then (or something a little more 'acidic' lol!!) The only thing that would happen is a galvanic reaction, where dissimilar metals have a transfer of electrons between the two metals (part of why a battery cell works, also the cause of corrosion in metal structures). Thermocouples (heat sensors) work because of this reaction, the higher the temperature the greater the electron transfer rate. As for copper roofs, they are very durable (and lovely to look at) but expensive. I think that on that day, they had 'sampled' a little too much! LOL!!
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        I will say I have always been skeptical about that article, though way back I gathered some copper plates, but never tried it,,,,

In a way you could greedy grow a plant on artificial radiation than sun rays by electrical current. Be a bit cruel thou..

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X