How to raise ph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to raise ph

I am growing in fox farm ocean forest using fox farm nutes and flush 5 weeks into flower water ph in 7.0 ph out 5.0 plants look green very healthy and budding been trying to raise ph out with no luck any help is greatly appreciated 1000 watt hps temp 66 to 75 humidity 42 to 56

In soil grows, I do not check pH unless there is a problem. I see no problems with your grow and soon it will be feeding off it's own leaves.
    If your pH at the roots was lower than 6 or higher than 7 you would likely see phosphourus lock out - with glossy & dark green leaves.

I do pH the feed/water to 6.0-6.5. (unless I get lazy, then it comes out of the tap @ pH 5.5-5.8)

I would not do anything drastic and keep adding water @ pH 7.0 (your week #5 flush is a good idea- anyways and the only time I flush with soil grows-> If I've added a strong PK booster)
    The last thing you want to do is stress the plant.
    It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

flushing will decrease nutrient concentration but will not change the ph directly. give them a strong feeding with high ph and youll see some balance in the runoff. in a nutshell ph is the ratio of positive and negative ions in a solution; plain water will not add ions it will only dilute the solution so the ratio will be the same.

Comment

Thanks for the input when I said flush I meant I also use the fox farm sledgehammer flush as scheduled not really a true flushing of soil . I am confused on when to check ph of runnoff water in soil grows ? Only when you see problems? I would still like some input on how to raise ph Incase I start to see problems? Use Dolomite lime? Pouwdered or granular? Hydrated lime ? Not sure how I would go about it if I need to. I have given ph water in at up to 8 with no results.

Comment

• Weed Pharma
          Weed Pharma commented
          Editing a comment
          I use GH pH up, which also supplies potassium for incresed bud density!
          Dolomite lime takes a long time to break down- I use it as an initial soil amendment @ 6oz per 5 gallons.

I use ph up in my water with nutes but doesn’t increase my runoff water which is what I would like to try to do I will be adding lime to soil in future as I learn but looking for answers for the last of this grow in case I do run into problems with yellow leaves to early or anything else attributed to ph problems as my runoff water is so low on ph

Comment

in a best case scenario where your soil is ph balanced and you feed at ph 6.5 every time you dont need to check runoff, if you suspect the ph is off you take a measurement for ph and ppm/EC. this will tell you how concentrated that ph is. if the concentration is too high a flush will help reduce the concentration of the solution you are going to use to raise ph, which is your nutrient solution. in any case the only way to change ph is with a high ppm/EC feeding with good runoff. i hope this wasnt more confusing.

Comment

Sorry 9fingerleaves but it was more confusing l don’t know what ppm/EC is or how to take this measurement. So if my runoff is running at 5.5 how high of ph can water with nutes be or where should I start like I have said plants look good now but I want to know what I can do if that changes

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
              9fingerleafs commented
              Editing a comment
              keep feeding with nutrients at ph 7 until runoff is in the 6-7 range. ppm/ec are way to measure how concentrated things are in a solution, forget about that, just keep feeding with high ph

if you want to go with the organic rough baken soda will raise Ph!

indoor grow box (coco coir)
            40”h 28”w 28”d is my box
            have a led grow panel 13" with full spectrum and 225 LEDS got 1 plant she’s 86 days old and has been in flower for 16 days “Krippler”
            im doing LST training on my plant
            i have a passive exhaust system with a fan for air flow

Comment

I usually give 1 watering straight water and then 1 watering with nutrients have been giving both with ph 7.0 to 7.1 for weeks now and runnoff is still 5.0 to 5.7. Can I give higher ph water and nutrients or stay at 7.0? also should I always give nutrients or stay off and on with water? This is why I think I need to go to a different level of raising ph. How much baking soda for a 5 gal pot?

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
                9fingerleafs commented
                Editing a comment
                i think you should keep doing what youre doing, the plant looks fine and not showing ph problems, keep feeding every other watering and keep an eye on the runoff ph too, if you see any issues them you know where to start. when you feed with nutrients at ph 7, how much nutrients are you using? you using way more big bloom to raise ph ? or just using way less tiger/grow? or you are using GH ph up ? (tiger and grow are very acidic so ph goes down, big bloom is basic and ph goes up)

depending on where u want ur ph at. start with ur 5 gal bucket and i’d say take a reading before u add and adjust from there lil by lil and vinegar will dope Ph if u get it to high. when i Ph my water i will use vinegar! if that helps any! i would stay with the watering schedule if there nothen realy wrong with her and looks healthy i wouldn’t do anything! become one with the flower! she’ll tell ya what she wants!

Comment

New pics today started seeing yellow leaves on top beginning of week 6 of flowering on estimated 10 weeks flowering schedule. I been using fox farm big bloom, grow big and tiger bloom at recommend dosage gh ph up do you think I need to worry about yellow leaves starting to early last watering was ph 7.0 in and 5.0 to5.7 out

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
                  9fingerleafs commented
                  Editing a comment
                  theyre looking great. very little damage done. i got no idea why the soil would be so acidic, maybe you got a bad bag of soil. those buds look very close to ready i think you could just hang in there until harvest and start again with a new bag. if i may, take a look into coco as a medium, plants grow twice as fast and no issues with nutrients as the coco doesnt have any and you provide nutrients every watering

Thanks 9finger ok so don’t worry too much about the yellow leaves. I still have about 4 weeks so I will keep a close eye on them. I don’t think I want to go with coco will probably use ocean forest again and mix in Dolomite lime from the start I just need to figure out how much to put in soil

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X